CJ Pony Parts and TMI - Worst Experience Ever!

they have the mindset that theres somebody else out there, they don't really need you, we have your money, well get you your part whenever, if we even send you the correct part. if not, then its completely your problem.

• Sponsors (?)

From what I read in this thread, this device might be the answer to many issues:

So long an nobody takes a ticket and sets it down before it's fully resolved.

There appears to be an issue with 'follow-through'.

The door panels arrived. Ive only opened the passenger. It looks like complete cheap :poo:. Look at this... This is unacceptable.

Attachments

• 20190607_120839.jpg
    20190607_120839.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 20190607_120843.jpg
    20190607_120843.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 265
I also attached a bad pic of the first set they sent me, doesn't have ANY of the creases or gathering that the new one has. Every surface of the old ones was flat and smooth.

Attachments

• 20190607_125952.jpg
    20190607_125952.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 20190607_125919.jpg
    20190607_125919.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 20190514_211556.jpg
    20190514_211556.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, thats the puckering that I was referring to. So the first set they sent was clearly different. Maybe it is a difference between the drivers side and passenger side. In the pic of the first one that was sent to you, driver side in the pic, the area above where the arm rest goes is smooth and all one piece of material no black accent, no pined on insert. In the pic of the one you just got, passenger side, it looks like there is a insert panel on it. Its two pieces not one. Is that because it is a different style, year, model, just the way one side is made vs the other side? I ask because it appears that the fasteners on the small panel that hold it to the main panel are creating some of the larger "puckers" in the material.

So I also emailed my second rep at CJ and sent him the photos. They have decided to refund me for the panels and they dont want them back.

I can say they stepped up with that decision, which is huge, and I dont want to be a greedy bastard but damn I wish I had a set of good panels... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, thats the puckering that I was referring to. So the first set they sent was clearly different. Maybe it is a difference between the drivers side and passenger side. In the pic of the first one that was sent to you, driver side in the pic, the area above where the arm rest goes is smooth and all one piece of material no black accent, no pined on insert. In the pic of the one you just got, passenger side, it looks like there is a insert panel on it. Its two pieces not one. Is that because it is a different style, year, model, just the way one side is made vs the other side? I ask because it appears that the fasteners on the small panel that hold it to the main panel are creating some of the larger "puckers" in the material.
Yes that is correct. I ordered the Mach 1 style which has the insert. I was originally sent the regular set of panels, not Mach 1. There wasnt any puckering, wrinkling and / or crappy work. The Mach 1 panels I got look like they were rushed through or made by an amateur upholstery person. CJ refunded me and told me to keep this set. Its a great outcome, it just sucks not having a good set of panels.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users