Classic Insurance

Tubbster66

Advanced Member
Aug 5, 2017
Kitsap, WA
Just wondering if any of you have classic car insurance on your fox? Can you get it on the fox body now? I've got it on my '66 (Hagerty) and I'm thinking of buying a fox in the near future.

• Sponsors (?)

yes
i have it on both my foxes
if you have any $$$ invested in your car, you would be foolish not to
Some companies you have to have a DD, others you can drive the car up to 5000 miles a year

Reactions: 1 user
My Hagerty policy for my 90' foxbody is unlimited pleasure miles, $20k agreed replacement value, I can drive it to work about 48 times per year. Since we have long winters that means I get to drive to it work a lot during the driving season. I have a mod list longer than my 8 y/o sons Christmas list :D

My Hagerty policy for my 90' foxbody is unlimited pleasure miles, $20k agreed replacement value, I can drive it to work about 48 times per year. Since we have long winters that means I get to drive to it work a lot during the driving season. I have a mod list longer than my 8 y/o sons Christmas list :D
Did you tell them you drive to work? I noticed on their website it's a question they ask now like it's an option. When I did mine I'm pretty sure they said I couldn't, which is ok by me because seagull sh t and diesel exhaust would be all over my '66.

I have Infinity collector car. $26k agreed upon value, must be kept in a garage, and can't be driven to work; $250/yr. I used to have Hagerty, but Infinity was about $100 cheaper, and they didn't care if I took the car racing. Hagerty had a strict no race track policy.

Kurt

Infinity may have changed thier stance on that.

http://www.classiccollectors.com/resources/driver-eligibility.html

Vehicle Usage
  • Vehicles are not to be used for:
    • Work/school commutes
    • Regular personal use
    • Business/commercial use
    • Track, racing or timed events of any kind whether competitive or not
    • A substitute for a regular, personal use vehicle
    • Backup transportation
  • Vehicles must be stored in a fully enclosed, locked garage when not in use.

I need to shop around for mine, I am paying 550 a year currently

I have American modern, which is significantly more expensive than places like hagerty, but they allow me to race it.

$12,500 value, garage kept, I chose to not cover it to work because it was cheaper and it is a pain to load and unload my stuff between cars. It runs about $500 a year, no deductible.

Honestly though, I have not been driving it much at all since I got the insurance and I just don't know if it is worth it.

Joe

Did you tell them you drive to work? I noticed on their website it's a question they ask now like it's an option. When I did mine I'm pretty sure they said I couldn't, which is ok by me because seagull sh t and diesel exhaust would be all over my '66.
Yes I told them I'd drive it to work. I'm a single dad of 3 so driving to work is the ONLY time I get to enjoy the car all by myself so it was important to me. Hagerty didn't want it to be a daily driver so there was a limit set to how many trips to work I could make and it not be classified as a DD.

My rate went up $140 when I increased the value from $15k to $20k after my recent kmember and supercharger upgrades. Property crimes have increased in my area and there is a short supply of police to investigate and make arrests. I'm fine with fewer police to be honest which another reason why I like where I live. I won't be surprised one day when I get home and find that my garage was pried open and my car is gone. I'd be upset, just not surprised.

Grundy here.Agreed replacement value policy.Paying something like $250.00/year.Had to show proof that I owned "muscle cars" of equal power ratings.
In their eyes,My 68/427 roadster Corvette was close enough. Wrong . This thing will drive circles around the Vet. in reverse :)
011.JPG

Just checked both Hagerty and Grundy. Hagerty was 900+ annually for 5k miles annually, 2 times driven to work weekly, garage kept, zero deductible. 30k stated value.
Grundy's premium was 250.00 and everything else remains the same.
If you have a Hagerty policy, you're paying too much.

Needless to say, I went w/the Grundy policy.

Last edited:
Just checked both Hagerty and Grundy. Hagerty was 900+ annually for 5k miles annually, 2 times driven to work weekly, garage kept, zero deductible. 30k stated value.
Grundy's premium was 250.00 and everything else remains the same.
If you have a Hagerty policy, you're paying too much.

Needless to say, I went w/the Grundy policy.
I have the same policy as you except $20k agreed value and I'm starting to think I'm paying too much. I remember calling Grundy and them telling me I could NOT drive my car to work. I'll have to call them again and see if that changes depending on what day of the week it is :scratch:

Ok I just called Grundy again and got the same answer, NO driving to work on their agreed value collector car insurance policies. There is no exception to it he said.

However I did get a quote of $183 for an annual policy with an agreed value of $20k.

IMG_1989.JPG
I have Hagerty. $12K agreed value $300 annually. 3K miles per year and I cannot drive to work. I really need to up my value, even the person I dealt with initially said I did. I will give Grundy a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
IMG_1989.JPG
I have Hagerty. $12K agreed value $300 annually. 3K miles per year and I cannot drive to work. I really need to up my value, even the person I dealt with initially said I did. I will give Grundy a look.
12k? That is easy 18 to 20k if its an 8 on a 10 scale but it looks like an 11 so yea up your coverage.