Classic Owners...where y'at?

C.Harris

Da Boss
Founding Member
Dec 20, 1998
After a huge demand for Stangnet.com license plate frames we've made it happen, but I've noticed few, if any, so far shipped out to classic Mustang owners....let's represent, I'll start if off! :nice:

Attachments

• snplate-1.jpg
    snplate-1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 332
  • Sponsors (?)

mustang70 said:
Any kind of frame or does it have to be personalized?

Any kind. The major offense is covering or partially covering the "TEXAS" at the top of the plate. The idea being that the officer needs to be able to tell what state the plat is from. Disregarding the fact that there is a big red shape of Texas in the center of the plate. :rolleyes:

It's the officer's discretion whether the frame covers too much of the state name, but it's just fuzzy enough of a law that you can be pulled over for just about any frame.

69 302/351c said:
Ticket for license plate FRAMES? Geez...I run 1969 plates from a flea market (with the real plates in the trunk..state DMV sez OK on 35 years old +) with a frame and a plastic cover.

Vintage plates can be re-instated as long as they are in good shape. However, running unregistered plates with the real ones in the trunk is a no-no.

Frames that cover the month or year stickers are actually illegal in Missouri. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for them, though. My frame only covers the bottom 1/3 of the stickers (you can still make out the month & year) so I'm not too worried about it.

The license plate light on the pickup Dad used to have never worked in the 3 or 4 years he had it. He was never pulled over for it.

-Chelle

not to jack the thread or anything...can vintage california tags be reinstated? i've got a set off of our old '65 buick, i was wondering if those could be used...PM me if anyone knows...thanks...