Cleaning the MAF

• Sponsors (?)

It's been my experience that using the electronics cleaner (aerosol) is about the best way to clean it, without worrying about touching the electronics inside the MAF.

I've always done this after re-oiling my air filter, it's supposed to get the air filter oil off of the MAF..........dunno though

Cool thanks guys, I'm going to be cleaning it tomorrow and trying to plug where my Air pump tube went into my H-pipe oh what fun this will be lol.

So only electrical cleaner? so no Throttle Body cleaner or anything like that?

TB cleaner will be fine. Just make sure it air drys after and be carful with the wire, its not as frigale as ppl say just dont be a retard and be gental with it. Do a seach for TB cleaner but I used it and its fine and I know others have as well.

Has anyone gotten the sensor itself out? The only way I could clean my was to remove those security torx T-20 for the plate, and put an alcohol soaked q-tip and cleaned them from the big plastic box. I don't see how you could get the sensor itself out.

I originally took the entire mass air meter out of the car and used a long q-tip and tried to clean the wires. However, your depth perception isn't that great when reaching for the sensor, so I went out and bought the security torx heads and took it apart. That was SO much easier. IMO, the only way to really get the sensor clean is gently using a q-tip, just spraying the wire won't necessarily get all of the build up off.

Sweet, now I just need to see if I have TB cleaner LOL, maybe my friend will have some, I should also check my air cleaner not sure if the element needs cleaned or not hehe. I just know that when its cold the car does not want to go and its running very rich right now. So I'm just going to clean that and see if that fixes anything.