Cluster Swap Wiring Questions **PLEASE HELP**

GSXRMIXXER

Feb 13, 2006
i am swapping a 140Mph speed cluster from a 1990 GT into my 88 GT. I have the wiring harness from the vehicle i took the cluster out of and noticed it's different from the one in my car. Some wires are similar and others are different. Does anyone know where i can get the wiring schematic for both years? It should be possible to find which wires need to be moved and switch them correct? :shrug: any opinions on what i should do?

THE FOLLOW WORKS
- Oil pressure
- Voltage
- Tachometer
- Speedo
- Parking Brake light

THE FOLLOW DOSN'T WORK
- Water Temp
- Fuel Gauge
- Blinkers and high beam indicator.

• Sponsors (?)

wire colors will be a little different but end plugs should be the same I have done this before and it was a pretty easy swap.I dont understand why everythings not working I did this on a 4cyl car that we converted to a 5.0 and everything hooked up and worked perfectly. I think the auto zone web site has wiring schematics just search im sure the do

Hey there I'm currently doing same swap you are

If you do a search you'll find the wiring diagram showing what needs to be switched

I take it you're not getting illumination either?

instead of switching the whole cluster, why dont you just unscrew the 2 speedo's and swap? no wiring, and you dont even have to mess with the needle to do it...

well the original reason why i didn't do that is because i got my hands on a set of MAC white faced ones already installed on a 140 cluster. However after reading your post i tried to swap everything from one housing to the other and it dosn't work. The speedo and Tach faces mount in different locations and wont fit.

I just completed the swap. Everything went well just alot of soldering and wire lengthening but other than that you just have to connect the dots. I'm not sure why they didn't just make 140Mph speedo's in 88 in the first place but i overcame the situation with thanks to Stangnet and it's users. One last word of advice for anyone attempting the swap you'll need a 14pt (Silver one) harness from a 90-93 in order to complete the swap because the 88 hanress dosn't have a # 14 slot.