• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

clutch cable squeeking

  • Thread starter Thread starter claytucc3
  • Start date Start date Aug 25, 2003
C

claytucc3

New Member
Mar 9, 2003
825
0
0
Santa Clarita, Ca
Aug 25, 2003
#1
  • Aug 25, 2003
  • #1
My 2001 cluch cable just started squeeking today. I can feel the squeek all of the way in the shifter. I have a tri-ax and aluminum shift knob so I feel everything though. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know it is adjusted by pulling up on the pedal but it doesn't click anymore. I have 40k miles on the car.
 

GoldnGT

Founding Member
Aug 21, 2002
427
0
0
Birmingham, AL
Dec 15, 2003
#2
  • Dec 15, 2003
  • #2
I'm having the same problem this guy is having.... Anyone have any idea if this is going to cause long term problems??

Mike
 
C

claytucc3

New Member
Mar 9, 2003
825
0
0
Santa Clarita, Ca
Dec 15, 2003
#3
  • Dec 15, 2003
  • #3
GoldnGT said:
I'm having the same problem this guy is having.... Anyone have any idea if this is going to cause long term problems??

Mike
Click to expand...
Hey man, I replaced the cable, quadrant and added a firewall adjuster and It fixed all of the problems I was having. The squeeking was the cable though. If you have any more questions just PM me for specifics.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
202
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
469
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
S
  • Locked
Drivetrain Adjustable clutch cable questions
  • Scott_S
  • Oct 31, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
499
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
Noobz347
Drivetrain Sticky clutch pedal
  • keel
  • Jul 31, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
992
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 17, 2025
Mindseye007
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
462
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?