Clutch/flywheel Compatibility Question

Sean_S197

Jan 24, 2017
Hey folks,

I have a 2008 Mustang GT with a 4.6l 3v with a 6-bolt crank (Romeo-built engine)

I recently bought a McLeod Chromoly steel racing flywheel and wanted to know if there were any compatibility issues if I bought an Exedy clutch to pair with it.

Does anybody have experience on using McLeod flywheels with Exedy clutches? Or should I just go with a McLeod clutch?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

• Sponsors (?)

Hey folks,

I have a 2008 Mustang GT with a 4.6l 3v with a 6-bolt crank (Romeo-built engine)

I recently bought a McLeod Chromoly steel racing flywheel and wanted to know if there were any compatibility issues if I bought an Exedy clutch to pair with it.

Does anybody have experience on using McLeod flywheels with Exedy clutches? Or should I just go with a McLeod clutch?

Thanks in advance,

Sean
Thank You for your support of McLeod Racing.
Yes the Chromoly Flywheel will accept any 2005-Up 11" pressure plate. I would highly suggest before installing the clutch to have the flywheel resurfaced to give the flywheel some texture to help the disc seat properly. If your still in the market for a replacement clutch kit, I would suggest our Super Street Pro Part Number 75201. Let me know if you have any other questions.