clutch fork install question

SmokeytheFox

5 Year Member
Jul 19, 2018
Cleveland,Ohio
In the process of installing my t5 back on my engine. When i put the bellhousing on the engine the clutch fork fell off the pivot stud. I slipped it back on but as im stabbing the trans in it keeps falling off. How exactly is the fork suppose to sit on the stud ? Is it suppose snap onto the stud or the fingers just lay on it ? Been dealing with this the past few days and its starting to be a pita

• Sponsors (?)

In the process of installing my t5 back on my engine. When i put the bellhousing on the engine the clutch fork fell off the pivot stud. I slipped it back on but as im stabbing the trans in it keeps falling off. How exactly is the fork suppose to sit on the stud ? Is it suppose snap onto the stud or the fingers just lay on it ? Been dealing with this the past few days and its starting to be a pita
Stop “ stabbing” it. “Install” it instead.

View: https://youtu.be/QdVZDlXVj_g

Skip to @7:17

Are you reusing the clutch fork or did you buy a new one?

Retaining clips may be shot

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
It should clip onto the ball fairly tightly. If it doesn't, the retaining clip is likely worn out. Any clutch job I do with a car that has a lot of miles on the original clutch fork I just put a new clutch fork on.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user