• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Clutch Issue (sticking)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lopez10GT
  • Start date Start date Oct 22, 2013
L

Lopez10GT

New Member
Apr 10, 2011
18
0
2
Oct 22, 2013
#1
  • Oct 22, 2013
  • #1
So first problem with my car (other than the annoying tapping/knocking sound from engine compartment). I know these factory clutches are atrocious at best at handling the 420hp coming from the crank but... I am having an issue with any kind of quick acceleration and shifting.

10 out of my 12 cars have all been manuals and I am not all new to them. Owned 2 other mustangs as well. I have 3,000 miles on my 2014 GT Premium. When I shift from 1st to 2nd and then into 3rd on semi hard acceleration or all out acceleration the clutch doesn't release all the way after bringing your foot off it. Perfect shifts, no missed gears, etc. The tranny is easy to get used to once you learn not to force it. Good ole chinese made german engineered stuff eh.

It sits about halfway down right at the point where it disengages at. Nothing on the floorboards grabbing it. It is something mechanical. It will release after a 15-30 second period and a few shifts. It becomes extremely touchy (of course because it is sitting right there at the point of disengaging/engaging).

Otherwise seems fine. I mean it slips somewhat but it has done that since the day I bought it brand new with 103 miles on it. This is really bothering me. I know it is not anything I did. I am very careful with my vehicles and in most cases I am babying the car. Slow low rpm shifts in normal daily driving.

I don't rest my foot on the clutch pedal when stopped, I don't ride the clutch on shifts, etc. Really worried that if it is something that was done on a test drive before I bought it or something defective that the dealership will just blow me off as having ruined the clutch myself when it did it from day 1.
 

FordCustSrvc

Active Member
Oct 25, 2010
508
37
29
Dearborn, MI
Oct 22, 2013
#2
  • Oct 22, 2013
  • #2
Lopez10GT said:
So first problem with my car (other than the annoying tapping/knocking sound from engine compartment). I know these factory clutches are atrocious at best at handling the 420hp coming from the crank but... I am having an issue with any kind of quick acceleration and shifting....
Click to expand...
Hey Lopez10GT,

I recommend you have it looked at by your nearest Ford Dealer to make sure all is good. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service for your area as well.

Deysha
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
179
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
S
Drivetrain Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd issue
  • Scott_S
  • Apr 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
969
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 14, 2026
Mindseye007
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
470
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
2008 Mustang Bullitt stuck in Fifth gear
  • Jester67
  • Jul 15, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
509
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
Jester67
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
216
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?