Drivetrain Clutch issues, please help!

Keep us posted. I've never seen a cable do that on a mustang. Usually if they start coming apart it's at the very ends of the cable by the crimped on cable ends.

Depending on which headers you have the bracket may have to be bent a little to move the cable further from the headers. Should be a couple inches from the header. Cable routing is best going forward around and under the engine mount and straight back to the clutch fork.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for
Keep us posted. I've never seen a cable do that on a mustang. Usually if they start coming apart it's at the very ends of the cable by the crimped on cable ends.

Depending on which headers you have the bracket may have to be bent a little to move the cable further from the headers. Should be a couple inches from the header. Cable routing is best going forward around and under the engine mount and straight back to the clutch fork.
Thanks for all the help. I'll let you guys know what happens. I definitely thought this was unusual.

I had a BBK cable once, it broke in less than a year. The MM cable is top notch.

To be fair it was almost 20 years ago and the car had a very heavy Centerforce 2 clutch.