Clutch or pressure plate question

I did a search and couldnt find an answer so here goes.. When I shift and let go of the clutch it will engage but it kind of bounces for a split sec and then reengages :shrug: I sometimes have to release the pedal slowly for it not to do this, It been doing this for a while and is more noticable when cold, its a King Cobra about 5 years old, could this be a bad flywheel or a weak pressure plate ? Ive tried adjusting the clutch but that only changed the pedal release point.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats interesting....if its slipping then put it in 5th gear while u're going about 40 up a hill (high load situation) and if the rpms increase with no relative speed increase its definately slipping.

It could be a weak/damaged pressure plate since in reality thats all the pressure plate is. And you describe some sort of spring type bouncing of engagement.

If u like the king cobra, thats great cause their cheap to replace :nice:

The tremec and the clutch were installed right before I got the car, and Ive had the car for 5 years now and yeah Ive beat on it pretty good at times, its seen the track burnouts etc. I actually think its the pressure plate cause as the rpms climb the car does move decently just has that bounciness to it. I guess you guys are right its time to replace stuff.. clutch, plate, flywheel, and cable and quadrant and..tob, and pilot,... you know how it goes: :rolleyes: