clutch pedal travel on my 2018 GT

aces18gt

Jul 19, 2018
Kaukauna WI
Does the clutch travel seem long on your manual GT"s? I find myself having to sit so close to the steering wheel so that I can press the pedal fully to the floor. I see that there are pedal extensions available but then I started to think and wonder how far does the pedal need to be depressed to fully disengage. The amount of pedal travel to engage also seems unusually long. I doubt that the travel is adjustable so could a stop be placed on the floor or on the back of the clutch pedal to shorten its travel thus shorter, faster shifts? I know that this will cause an issue with the clutch pedal safety switch but that looks like an easy mod. My daily driver is a 5 speed manual Contour and the clutch engages with only one or two inches of travel making for short , quick shifts.

• Sponsors (?)

Mine doesn't need that much, you have to depress it all the way to the floor to start the car. The only time I go all the way to the floor is when I start the car or I'm sitting at a traffic light. And the clutch is hydraulic and there is no adjustment.

You mentioned a pedal extension, take it from someone who has had one it two different cars, they are worth every penny. This simple little clutch pedal extension solves all the problems you described.
Clutch pedal travel is different from car to car, after installing a twin disc Mantic clutch my engagement point is no longer at the top. Besides, I don't like setting so close to the steering wheel. It makes the car feel the way it should.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/clutch-pedal-extension-1994-2019/p/PCS68/