• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

clutch whine under pressure

  • Thread starter Thread starter thall79
  • Start date Start date Feb 13, 2004
T

thall79

New Member
Mar 28, 2003
43
0
0
Sparta, IL
Feb 13, 2004
#1
  • Feb 13, 2004
  • #1
I have notice lately that when I get a wild hair up my arse and decide to run the car like I don't care and shift at about 5700 rpms (just before redline) the tranny/clutch will whine from the load. Is that normal and should I not be shifting that high in the rpms? Should I be shifting different when going from 1st to 2nd, not just throwing it in there but slipping it in to second for the best launches?

I have installed a set of factory bolt on sub frame connectors on and I am thinking that it is hooking up real good putting extra load on my tranny/clutch.

I don't do it often just once in a while. I usually stay under 5500 rpms when I am running it.

which makes me ask, for those who go to the drag strip, what rpms do you all shift at.

thanks in advance I still have alot to learn
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
517
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
T5 5th gear 89 gt
  • mac_55
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
232
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 20, 2026
Mustang5L5
A
Strange AC issue
  • Adanesahde
  • May 3, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
476
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech May 3, 2025
Mcmahst
K
TKX Transmission Shifting Problem
  • KWC156
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
3K
Other Auto Tech Jun 13, 2026
427nostang
4
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?