Cobra Brakes (Sn95) Conversion Brake Lines

91RRLX

Jul 26, 2004
Timberlake, NC
What are you guys using for brake lines. I am looking to see if I need adapters or if the Later Cobra stuff will fit. I will be using stainless braided lines as this car will see road course time.

Thanks
J

• Sponsors (?)

I have steel braided on my 4lugs and i was told when I do the swap that I could use the same lines, just to remember to use the banjo bolt that came with the 5 lug conversion caliper. I plan on using a 99+brake booster and MC so I hope I can still use my steel lines

I bought stainless braided front lines from Maximum Motorsports and their kit is great because you do not need an adapter for the P/S which is just another connection to leak, plus you need not modify the bracket for the line either, as they are a direct fit.

91RRLX said:
Thanks guys, What about the rear hard lines to the soft lines going to the calipers, will 93 Cobra lines work, or do I need adapters?
in terms of the rear, all I did was use the existing lines on the sn95 cobra rear, but I put a union where the brakeline used to go in (to make it straight line there), and I tapped into the line in the stock rear location and thats where I put the "T" that controls the rear brakes. Havent had a problem yet.

However one big problem I encountered from using the cobra mc was that ford had used bubble flares instead of the normal double flare system on the ends of the lines. The easiest solution there is to just go to the parts store and buy fittings that on one end are bubble flares and the other end accept double flares. It saved alot of money, you just need to find a place with a good selection.

Good luck, I know I needed it.

Car RamRod said:
in terms of the rear, all I did was use the existing lines on the sn95 cobra rear, but I put a union where the brakeline used to go in (to make it straight line there), and I tapped into the line in the stock rear location and thats where I put the "T" that controls the rear brakes. Havent had a problem yet.
which lines are you speaking of when you say existing lines on the sn95 cobra rear? the hard line or flex line at the caliper?

Your stock hard lines will work fine. You'll need an adapter to bolt up to the soft lines tho. You'll also need to cut and double flare the stock hard line and do some bending to get it to fit. Simple to do. Either that or get the hard line off of a 94+.

Yes. As it sits, the stock hard line goes to the backing plate. The disk caliper soft lines mount to the axle housing by the shock mount...so you'll need to shorten the hard line.

91RRLX said:
which lines are you speaking of when you say existing lines on the sn95 cobra rear? the hard line or flex line at the caliper?
I meant the hard lines that are on the rear. I would have used the ones off my stock rear, but they were crushed. My solution seemed much easier.

I'm not trying to be diffucult here, but I'm still not sure my question has been answered. Regardless of bending, cutting, and flaring will the flex lines that bolt to the caliper fit the hard line that currently goes to the wheel cylinder or is this where the adapter needs to go?
Thanks
J