Cobra cams vs stage 1 Comp cams?

Hey all, new to the forums. I recently pulled a 5.4 out of a junkyard '04 Navi and am looking into mildly building/refreshing it before swapping it into my '98 GT.

I'd like to swap the cams out to get a little of that lopey goodness going without going too balls to the wall. A set of Stage 1 Comp cams new is $1400. There are also used Cobra cams for sale for $300.

I have to imagine that the Cobra cams are a better bang for the buck, but can't find anything on the specs and don't want to buy them if they're not much different than the stock Navi cams.

Anybody have any notion as to what the difference between Cobra cams, Navi cams, and Stage 1 Comps would be?

• Sponsors (?)

I had Stage 1 Comps on my 96GT SOHC. Barely noticeable lope. Added about 40HP tuned. Yours won't be much different. Cobra cams won't really do anything with lope either.
Thanks for the reply. I've driven stock engines my whole life and daily drive my projects so I'm not looking for drag racer lope or anything like that, lol. Do you happen to have any info on Cobra cams vs the stock Navi cams? Worth the $400 or so?

Not sure about specs but 04 Navis had 300HP and 01 Cobra has 320. So not much difference. I didn't compare to the 04 Cobra because it's supercharged. The 04 Mach 1 has the same motor but no superchager and it was rated at 305. I'd skip the Cobra cams