Cobra Front Brake Kit Question

• Sponsors (?)

iStang said:
Is it safe to switch the stock front brakes to the Cobra front brake kit without changing the rear brakes on a ’03 GT ? Are there also kits available for front and rear or do I have to buy the rear separately ( http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=477 ).

I understand that the main break force applies to the front, but the rear braking ads also stability to the car.

Thanks for your advise.

you will be fine with your stock rear brakes and front cobra brakes. the rear doesnt know what is in the front, they'll still be doing as much braking as they were with your stock fronts. you'll notice a very nice difference in braking with the cobras up front. as for a front and rear kit, check www.diskbrakesrus.com , i believe they sell a complete kit.

iStang said:
Is it safe to switch the stock front brakes to the Cobra front brake kit without changing the rear brakes on a ’03 GT ? Are there also kits available for front and rear or do I have to buy the rear separately ( http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=477 ).

I understand that the main break force applies to the front, but the rear braking ads also stability to the car.

Thanks for your advise.

the rear cobra brakes are just a larger rotor(11.65) and the same calipers...not worth the swap....if bigger is what your after, steeda has a 13 rear conversion that uses the 13" rear rotor with a bigger caliper mounting bracket and retains your stock caliper/pads...as opposed to the cobra rear that requires the removal of your rear axles to install the mounting brackets..

and the cobra fronts are a nice upgrade, you can get them also at steeda.

droptopponynj said:
the rear cobra brakes are just a larger rotor(11.65) and the same calipers...not worth the swap....if bigger is what your after, steeda has a 13 rear conversion that uses the 13" rear rotor with a bigger caliper mounting bracket and retains your stock caliper/pads...as opposed to the cobra rear that requires the removal of your rear axles to install the mounting brackets..

and the cobra fronts are a nice upgrade, you can get them also at steeda.

GOOD INFO, I didnt know you needed to pull of your axles to mount the rears. I was going to get the full cobra kit. I think i might end up going with the steeda 13 rotor upgrade for the rears and the cobra R fronts.