Cobra Grill Insert Installation

87 GT Stang

Jul 6, 2003
Just wondering if anybody has had expirence in installing a 93 Cobra grill insert into a 87-93 GT. I have looked at the part and it looks like you have to cut part of your original bumper cover to get the grill insert to work. If anybody has installed one please let me know how you did it. Appreciate anyones help. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Me too, I just bought mine last week on eBay ($68.90 shipped) should be here in a day or so. Have you guys picked them up yet? Mine comes with install directions, when it arrives I will post them.

Are you saying that you just cut a large hole? I was under the impression you cut/remove the upper section (between headlights) of the bumper cover. But it sounds like this piece is more of an overlay.

Hi all,

Mine (Design Concepts) didn't come with a template, but it was real easy to mark and cut the hole for the inlet scoop. The cutout should be just large enough to clear the radius of the inlet scoop. I used a hand held hacksaw blade holder and it went pretty good. I drilled a hole large enough for the blade to start the hole.

Good Luck, Don

yeah its a cut to fit type of thing....if you dont have a template you can lay the piece and mark where it needs to be cut. it really seems kinda cheap but from pictures ive seen it looks like all the cobras have an overlay on them
314319_55_full.jpg

314319_9_full.jpg

sorry i dont have better pics but this was before digital cameras and i dont own the car any more

it's really easy the hole is just larger than the overlay is. overlay isn't the totally correct term because it goes in the hole but any ways it's real easy. took me like 30 minutes

If you have an air cutting tool it'll be alot faster. Mines came with a template. You can check my sig for pics.

Edit: ANd I used plastic weld instead of the two sided tape. It wasn't working for me and it looked like somebody could've came by and ****** the damn thing off.