cobra insert

bbkgt03

Jul 5, 2005
Any body know a website or know how to install a 93 cobra grill? Do i have to cut then mold, or pop rivet, the whole bumper is already popriveted to death form the factory. Going on a lx bumper. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

WOW that looks great ! My biggest concern is that you would see the lines from where in insert lays over the bumper but I cant see them on yours Nice ! I am looking to do this to my 92 GT next ! Does anyone have picts of the install process or the Hood open after the insert was in their Stang so we can see the screw locations??? I also was wondering which Insert is the best ???

I only have this pic on my website with the hood open displaying the insert (not a very good angle)

I got mine from 50 resto, it was an original ford part. It came with a drawing / template to cut the hole. I had a shop install and paint mine.

I cut my factory grille off with a cutoff wheel and stuck the Cobra grille on with double sided tape and two screws.
2442696_85_full.jpg

Just some advice!

Like similar threads we've had before. BUY CERVINIS!!!

Cervinis = Quality. "You get what you pay for"

Oh and i just got my cervinis grille insert last week. It comes with complete instructions, double sided tape, etc.. Its awesome.

And i personally would use rivets, it looks factory. Screws look aftermarket!

I bought one from blue oval industries (ebay company) and it's a quality product. All I did was scuff and shoot it. However, it didn't come with two sided tape (but it was $40 cheaper than Cervini's at the time).

Oh, and mine is only held on with tape - it's not gonna go anywhere.

fox did you have your fiberglassed in cuz i cant see where it lays over the bumper either like you can in pjb photo ?

No. The body shop basically painted it, cut the hole (and not a very clean cut, they gave me the piece they cut out), mounted the bottom with the supplied double sided tape and riveted the top. (the top rivets were not necessary, they said the tape would hold it, I just wanted to make extra sure it wasn't going anywhere)

Here is the best pic I have after it was finished (not a great pic, it was raining that day).
Picture

While I agree CERVINIS makes good products, I personally chose the ford part over an after market copy. I believe I paid a little more for the ford one at the time.