Cobra R body kit.....Thoughts?

Martini86

Jan 14, 2009
PA
I have a 2002 GT and its the Metallic minaral grey. The front end looks a little weak to me compared to the rest of it, ince the car is lowered. I think the Cobra front end would look good with it. i should also mention i have the wing removed.....

• Sponsors (?)

IDK how to post a picture of it besides my icon.....its my avatar too.....i was also thinking about adding a gold flake to it with amber neons, any thoughts there as well?

upload pics to photobucket or a site like that.. then push the button in the reply box that is square and yellow with a mountain in it, past the code into it and BAM pictures of your car will appear once posted...

honestly, just throw a mach 1 chin spoiler on it and call it a day.. great look for the 99-04 bodies... the cobra r front bumper is hard to pull of...mineral grey is a great color but not too sure if it's the right color for the r bumper.. but it's your car and what looks good to you may look bad to others ya know.. oh, not too sure how low your car is but the r bumper sticks out a bit so corners or hills or hills with corners will probably catch the corner of it every time and scratch the hell out of it

as for the neons....ditch em...and don't be surprised of negative comments you will probably recieve..they are kinda ricey...but once again, your car... honestly, on a lowered car, they will more than likely be destroyed very quickly so not really any point of wastin the money..if you do any track time with the car, that's even less chance for neon survival...trust me, i had a neon kit once too... :hide: but i learned from that mistake MANY moons ago

load up pics

ok, i'll see what i can load.....here we go.....

AngleViewGT.jpg

backangleGT.jpg

Attachments

• AngleViewGT.jpg
    AngleViewGT.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 98
  • backangleGT.jpg
    backangleGT.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 84
Really old pic of my car with the 99/01 cobra front bumper and stock hood. I really like the cobra front compared to the GT.

The front splitter would be too much of a hassle though. And the 03/04 cobra hood will leave a fairly large gap if used with an older cobra or GT front bumper.

100605.jpg

here's some pics to give you an idea of what the mach 1 chin spoiler will look like:

sn0v9w.jpg

mustangcpillar.jpg

mustanggt03hood.jpg

21eqhk.jpg

cobraskirts.jpg

cobraskirts3.jpg

and a couple of my friends gt with 03/04 cobra front bumper
marshell.jpg

marshell2.jpg

honestly you'll save tons of money if you go with a chin spoiler. they're like $100 vs the $300 or so you'll be spending on the bumper plus however much painting will cost.. if you search around you can find the flat black chin spoiler or if you want the newer glossy version go visit american muscle.. the money you save by not having to paint a bumper can go towards go fast parts :D or if you insist, neons :hide:

search the forum for mineral grey stangs or stangs with cobra bumpers and you may find something you like man :nice:

Attachments

• sn0v9w.jpg
    sn0v9w.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 142
  • mustangcpillar.jpg
    mustangcpillar.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 111
  • mustanggt03hood.jpg
    mustanggt03hood.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 115
  • cobraskirts.jpg
    cobraskirts.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 21eqhk.jpg
    21eqhk.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 87
  • marshell.jpg
    marshell.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 133
  • cobraskirts3.jpg
    cobraskirts3.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 93
  • marshell2.jpg
    marshell2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 164
Specs and cobra front bumber

nice dude :nice: i love that color! what springs do you have?

I have a KYB adjustable racing suspenion, Steeda racing clutch, Bassani cat back exhaust, and cobra front brakes; I think all else is basically stock. and as far as the cobra r front end goes, i don't want the half one, i want the one with the full front lip. See the chin spoiler isn't bad, but i still don't think it gives it as much muscle look.....

eentual visuals.....

Eventually i am going to add a custom ghost flame of the mustang turning into flames. I may even add a very light cover of gold flaking on it. brings out a little more to the color.....but that one is up for debate. if i get the new bumper i will do it to the old one to see how it looks. New rims eventually too, probably Shelby.

that's a nice suspension set up you have there..

i guess the r bumper dont look too bad in that color.. might not flow too well with the gt side skirts... there's a red gt running around town with the r bumper and it looks pretty good.. i think it looks better on red or black...just my opinion ya know...the lip of it sticks out too much for my taste but we all have different tastes in what we like.. i see by your tag you live in PA, if you have hills you'll just have to watch letting that lip touch the ground cause it will scratch the crap put of it

th 2.5" cowl hood would compliment it very well though..if you like it i say go for it!

I always thought ghost flames were unique because they are not gaudy like most painted designs I see on most cars, they aren't overpowering and just give it a little flair. Thats just my .02 cents

i kinda dig ghost flames.. my last stang was white with blue ghost flames...ill post a pic in a min... sorry i lost my train of thought earlier cause my phone rang lol...

idk how you'd be able to pull off the mustang into a flame deal...kinda would like to see that..im diggin how low you car is.. that would probably pull the bumper off very well now that i think of it

where in PA do you live?

damnit my computer just crapped out on me.. your only a couple hours from where i live.. you talking gold flake the whole car or just the flames? ghost flames with a tad bit of flake would probably turn out real nice