Cobra Snake Emblem(93 Cobra Grill)

I have always wondered why no companies offered a cobra emblem for the 93 cobra grill. So I did some MSPaint work and made a few mustangs with them. I have a lx coupe with a cobra grill and the emblem. I'm trying to get www.carmedallions.com to start making a cobra emblem that will fit this grill. I guess I'll see what everybody thinks. I did one that fits inside the 93 cobra grill and also one thats a modified grill that has the top removed. I also have a pic of AlmostSTock's mustang with the cobra emblem and the top half removed.

• Sponsors (?)

WHy don't they offer a snake??

It's because a cobra won't fit in the grill of the typical Cobra grill insert. You would need to modify the grill by cutting the top bar off. Even then you lose the mounting for the grill emblem.

Also, there aren't that many Fox Cobra's out there...only about 4000 or so remaining. How many of them are willing to cut their OEM grills to make a snake fit the grill??

I think the pony looks better anyway

Who cares if it is really a cobra or not to have a cobra emblem. Most people's cars are faster then cobras anyway. Plus how many people make clones of a shelby or an AC Cobra. If your going to draw the line for a fox with a cobra emblem you have to be specific with other models as well.

no...and they shouldn't because just like now the snakes should ONLY be on the cobras and like was said before...there arent many left and they should stay with the pony
Can I use the center caps that came with the 98 Cobra rims I'm using with my 5 lug conversion, thay have little cobras on them. Also my calipers say Cobra. Should I grind that off? J/K.
I have no problem if anyone wants to put a cobra on their car or even make a Cobra replica, as long as they dont try to pass it off as a real one when they sell it.

Does anybody have a 93 cobra grill? I would like the measurements from the bottom of the inside of the grill to the top. Also the measurement from the bottom of the inside of the grill to the bottom of the hood for the other mod. I'm trying to get www.carmedallions.com to make a cobra emblem for the 93 grill. So this thread could help out.

Does anybody have a 93 cobra grill? I would like the measurements from the bottom of the inside of the grill to the top. Also the measurement from the bottom of the inside of the grill to the bottom of the hood for the other mod. I'm trying to get www.carmedallions.com to make a cobra emblem for the 93 grill. So this thread could help out.

Bottom of grill to top on unmodified grill is 1.5"

Bottom of grill to underside of hood would be around 3". However i don't see how you can cut the top bar out of the grill and make it look good by the way it's molded. You'd have to cut the grill and then do a little fiberglass work to the ends to cover up the area you just cut. Not to mention removing the top bar will now expose the hood latch and other structures in that ares...plus you are removing one mount for the grill emblem, so it may be more flimsy,.

I was thinking of course to remold the fiberglass. Then the emblem itself wouldn't be mounted to the grill it would probably have to be mounted with a bracket to the core support. The rest of the pieces that show can be painted black or whatever it takes to make it work. This is still in the planning stages so an ideas or thoughts are welcome. Mustang5L5are those measurements exact or just a round about? Also do those measurements come from a grill thats molded to the bumper or like a orginal cobra grill thats bolted?

What about not even using a 93 cobra grill but, taking an lx bumper and modifying it by molding fiberglass to make a grill opening? I'll attach a lx coupe thats like mine that has a modified grill that I did on MSPaint. If anybody has the measurements of the bottom of the lx grill to the bottom of thehood too that would help. The main thing I'm worried about is using the preexsisting emblem offered by carmedallions.com that is 3 1/8 inches that is for the 94-98 mustangs. HOw do you think the extra 1/8 of an inch will make the emblem look in the cobra grill when the top is cut off?

The way the emblem looks on the carmedallions.com website it looks like it is positioned alittle forward anyway but, I dont know if it will look too big in the grill opening. You can also get this emblem from them that hooks up to your nitrous perge and it can spray.

Mustang5L5are those measurements exact or just a round about? Also do those measurements come from a grill thats molded to the bumper or like a orginal cobra grill thats bolted?

They come off an grill insert that bolts on like the original cobra.

The measurements are pretty exact..may be off a 0.1 of an inch or so.

That 3D cobra medallion is pretty ugly though. The 2D version looks much better but i still think too big of a grill looks awkward. The OEM style Cobra grill is sexy enough. No need to change it at all

Can I use the center caps that came with the 98 Cobra rims I'm using with my 5 lug conversion, thay have little cobras on them. Also my calipers say Cobra. Should I grind that off? J/K.
I have no problem if anyone wants to put a cobra on their car or even make a Cobra replica, as long as they dont try to pass it off as a real one when they sell it.

aw i was really just talkin bout the body emblems.....nothin wrong with some cobra brakes and wheels....technically they're the real thing, unless you put COBRA decals on your stock calipers....then that really aint too cool lol