Coil Springs/rear brakes

Seeing as how I have brand new shocks, yet my cars still feels floaty, I am thinking I also need new coil springs. Now, when it comes to things like that, I'm an a OE kind of guy. I am thinking that a new set of stock coils would pretty much feel like an upgrade at this point. Are their any aftermarket springs out there designed for the 4-cyl? I'm not real big on the idea of using parts from what ever car that fits. If so, would they behave properly on stock shocks?
Next, due to the calamitous nature of what happened to me and a friend yesterday, I am thinking about what to do with my rear brakes. When you hit the pedal hard, the fronts lock and the rears just keep on rolling. The shoes are fine, and I have them adjusted all the way out till they grab, so I dunno what their deal is. I'm thinking a rear bleed is in order. But I am really wondering how hard it would be to convert the outdated drums up to a newer disk brake set up. Is that concievable? I am assuming it would require the replacment of the entire rear end assembly. I am thinking the hardest part would be getting the E-brake to work. If there is a tech article on the subject, just say 'search' and I will.

• Sponsors (?)