COLD AIR INTAKE QUESTION (Mustang v6)

02v6auto

Jul 19, 2007
If I replace my stock air filter with something like a k&n filter. How do i do it correctly without screwing up the car.

>Do I take off the old filter enclosure on the end of the pipe and stick the k&n on it, or do I replace my stock air filter in the enclosure with a k&n filter in the enclosure.
Im not sure how to do it and Im unsure if I replace the air intake with a new pipe with a filter on the end of it where do I connect the wires for the stock air sensor thats located right near the stock air filter enclosure. Doesnt that need to be connected still?? Ahhhh im so confused and Im new to a lot of this and im one guy that isnt afraid to admit it. But im learning so much so fast.

Can anyone spell it out for me how to do this in a simple way and not leave out any questions that someone that doesnt know a whole hell about cold air intake systems might have.

Thanks- :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

For replacing just a filter the K & N filter replaces what you already have so it will install the same way and in the same place.. Just unbolt the air silencer from the inner fender, then undo the snap clasps on the main filter housing and pull it apart. The filter sets inside. Next slip in the new filter and put it back together. While you have it apart take off the silencer tube (the long skinny tube that goes into the fender opening) so it can breath better.

If you are going to a CAI then you remove all the intake tubing and most don't have instructions but are easy to figure out. If you do go with a CAI make sure to reuse the MAF screen, a lot of cars (like mine) won't run right without it. By installing a K & N filter and removing the silencer tube you will gain about the same amount of hp as a CAI but at a lot less money and it's legal. Not all CAI's are legal.