Collectors/classic insurance

Hey guys my names John and I'm new to the forum. I just bought an 88' LX 5.0 as a "weekend cruiser" type car. It will not be my DD. I've been doing research on classic insurance and haven't had much luck. It seems most companies you need to be a certain age or have a garage. Does anyone know any companies I can use?
I'm 19 and living on Long Island, NY, male, 88 LX 5.0, it will be in my driveway and I don't mind mileage restrictions, I doubt I will put over 5000 miles on it in a year.

Thanks for any help guys!

• Sponsors (?)

During my investigations of collector car insurance it seems to have to be at least 25 to be able to get it. However I only called a couple of places before I found a plan.

Thanks for the replys guys. It would just really suck if I had to pay regular insurance on the car. I pay $288 a month for my daily and if I have to double that it would SUCK... thats a lot of mod money haha. I have a clean driving record as well and so do both my parents.

Yeah it sucks that its so expensive because I'm 19. It's not like I have any tickets or accidents (knock on wood). At least one company out there has to offer collectors insurance for me. Would it be possible to have it insured through classic insurance under lets say my dad and list me as a driver, or would that just be the same thing as me getting my own? I really don't want to have to pay >$200 a month haha.

Would it be possible to have it insured through classic insurance under lets say my dad and list me as a driver, or would that just be the same thing as me getting my own?

Doubt it. Few years back my Dad wanted to list me as a driver on his restored Chevelle. Insurance company said no go cause I was under 25 (24 at the time), even though I had a clean record.

Collectors insurance is a picky thing. I got it on my wife's 67 Mustang last year, I asked them about it for my 70 Dodge at the same time. When they found out that I track it they said they wouldn't insure it unless I signed an affidavit stating that the car would never see the track again. I passed on the insurance since I plan to beat on it at the track in the future.

I'm currently with Geico, I'm not sure about working something out with them. I would hope so. Someone told me about JC Whitney or something? Anyone know them?

I would talk to Geico and see if they have any kind of Classic or Agreed Value Plans, other than that you are not gonna find any policy cause of your age.

Ok I will see about doing that and update the thread with what happens.

Also, I know this doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic but I don't want to start another thread just for this. The car I just bought is an 88 LX with these mods:
stock bottom end with 70k
ported e7 heads with new seats and seals
e303 cam
new stock water pump
New harmonic balencer
Underdrive pulleys (with ac and smog delete)
Cobra upper and lower intake port matched
70mm BBK throttle body
With the appropriate injectors
Mass air setup
Cold air intake
bbk shortie headers
Flowmaster american thunder 2.5"
3:55's
Pro 5.0 short shifter

Do you need a tune with these mods? What do you guys think the car is making at the rear wheels, and with radials and average driving what should I aim for in the 1/4?

Thanks and sorry it's off topic.

I use Grundy.
There is certain restrictions on my driving, but none of them really matter to anyone with more than one car.
No driving it to work (i have a work van anyway) and no driving it to school (i'm long past school).
Few other restrictions too, nothing noteworthy.

I pay $300 a year and the car is valued at $15,000.
No mileage restriction, they told me it's too hard to track so they don't bother.