Collectors for jba tri y headers? 2.25"


New Member
Jan 10, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Keep in mind I'm completely new at this.

I have a 1969 Mustang coupe Grande with the 302. Just purchased some JBA tri y headers and also a complete 2.25" dual exhaust kit from CJ Pony parts with the h pipe that it says is designed for tri y headers.

Here's the dilemma. The H pipe has no flange to connect to the header. The ID of the header tubing is 2.25" with a 3 bolt connecting flange. My problem is that the h pip has no connecting flange. I've looked on summit and cj for some type of connector but cannot find a 2.25" collector to connect the header to the h pipe.

I've called the company I got the headers from but they sent me 3" reducer collectors and they don't mate up to the header flange.

Is there a flanged connector 2.25" connector pipe out there to mate the headers to the h pipe?

Thanks in advance.


  • 20210110_115819.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Cabot, AR
I'm not sure that 2.25" inlet header reducers exist. This is the closest I can find.

The only other option I can think of would be to take something like this and weld up your own flanges.


15 Year Member
Sep 30, 2006
Nashville TN

In theory, flanges of this sort made for 2.25" pipe would fit....but my advice, since you have to weld on a flange anyway is to buy a set(2) of V-Band Flange kits instead:

V-bands don't leak as much as the standard flanges....cut the standard flanges off the header and weld on the v-bands...its what I did for the headers I built: