Color code request

east_sidaz

Dec 21, 2004
guys,

Could someone please give me the code for the color of the spoilers and bumpers. These are the ones that come stock on the car.
102110a.jpg

Thanks in Advance

• Sponsors (?)

It's really hard to say what color this is without knowing the year of th car. A 1988 could be one color of red and 1989 could a different color red.

The point I'm trying to make is in 1989 it could be Currant Red or
Medium Cabernet Red, Midnight Currant Red Pearl Metallic Clearcoat .
In 1988 it could be Medium Cabernet Red or Midnight Canyon Red Metallic Clearcoat.

Take a look here and you will see what I mean.

PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint

It's really hard to say what color this is without knowing the year of th car. A 1988 could be one color of red and 1989 could a different color red.

The point I'm trying to make is in 1989 it could be Currant Red or
Medium Cabernet Red, Midnight Currant Red Pearl Metallic Clearcoat .
In 1988 it could be Medium Cabernet Red or Midnight Canyon Red Metallic Clearcoat.

Take a look here and you will see what I mean.

PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint

Okay sorry if i didnt make myself clear, but i dont mean the color of the car. I'm talking about the color of the bumpers and side skirts or whatever you call them. In the pic they seem grey in color. My friends bumpers look bad so he wants to repaint them with the silver or grey color just like in the picture. Thats the color that come stock on these 5'0's isnt it?

After doing some searching this is what I found out about the lower color you’re asking about.

There appears to be different color codes on the door tags for the different years of car. Paint code 73 was used for the 87 and 88s, Paint Code 76 for the 89s, Paint code YJ for the 90s, Paint Code YG for the 91s, and back to Paint Code YJ for 92 and 93.

Take a look here

YJ= Grey Metallic Clearcoat

73= DUPONT COLOR: C8612

The other codes 76 and YG you’ll need to search.

After doing some searching this is what I found out about the lower color you’re asking about.

There appears to be different color codes on the door tags for the different years of car. Paint code 73 was used for the 87 and 88s, Paint Code 76 for the 89s, Paint code YJ for the 90s, Paint Code YG for the 91s, and back to Paint Code YJ for 92 and 93.

Take a look here

YJ= Grey Metallic Clearcoat

73= DUPONT COLOR: C8612

The other codes 76 and YG you’ll need to search.

Thanks alot buddy :)