COMP CAMS STAGE 2 CAMS or FRPP HOT RODS

COBESGT

Oct 19, 2004
Dubuque, Iowa
I've been thinking of installing either of these camshafts (Comp Cams Stage 2 or FR Hot Rods) (I would love to do a SC, just can't save my allowance up for that long :( ). I have looked at the HP/Torque numbers for both and it would appear that the Hot Rods are a little bit better. The main thing that I'm concerned with is that I have 3.55's and I really do not want to swap to 3.73's. Just want to hear some different opinions from people who have either one of these set-ups, was there a loss in low end torque (how much), are they a good power addition (noticable), what was the idle like (do you wish it was different), did you have to swap your gears? When I do this I was also thinking about installing the CM Delete plates, so I'm hoping that will help with the torque a bit. Please let me know your opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I would go with the FRPP Hot Rod cams for your application. Unlike the COMP Cams you pitted it against, you can run the stock VVT with the FRPP and NOT with the COMP. Overall cheaper and easier to install and they make about the same power.