Compare the Granatelli c.o.p.'s with Accel's

SMRcalidiv

Founding Member
Aug 14, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Well I am in the market for a new coil-on plug set. These are pretty much the only choices out there. I have heard good things about the Granatellis at Modular Depot which is suprising because the rest of their stuff is crap. I havent heard anything about the Accel's being as that they are so new. The GR's are $375 at mustangs unlimited and Ive seen the Accels for 25 a piece. I know that the GR's have a pretty sweet connector but the Accel might have the stock spring type. Even if I bought the Accel's and the GR connector kit it would still only be 290. Let me know which would be the best way to go.

• Sponsors (?)

And if the connectors are clean and have silicone dielectric grease on them they are all the same.

Do not let glitzy marketing make you think you need something you don't.

The Haynes manual will tell you how to check the primary and secondary voltages of your COPs to determine if they are still within spec. All you need is a multitester.

I called Granitelli to find out where their manufaturing plant was. After beating around the bush for 5 minutes he finally stated they were imported from China. I suspect their COPS are too. Don't bother.

COramprat said:
I called Granitelli to find out where their manufaturing plant was. After beating around the bush for 5 minutes he finally stated they were imported from China. I suspect their COPS are too. Don't bother.
Yes,Granitellis' trash is imported from China sad isn't it. :rolleyes:

one of them has a broken ear, and a couple had a little rust on the connector which I cleaned off. It wouldnt hurt to test them though, just to see if I could get away with just replacing the broken one. I guess that you guys would rather have the accel's then by the responses?

Kilgore Trout said:
I would prefer Motorcraft myself. Especially if you are not replacing them all.

definitely. in my eyes, the Motorcraft coils are the only ones proven to work with your ignition system. I bought Accel coil packs for my 97 because the price was right, I don't know how their COPs are though.

Accel = Kevlar core, ferrite insulator
Granatelli = Stainless steel core, fiberglass insulator

Accel = unconfirmed 14 OHM resistance
Granatelli = confirmed 0.05 OHM resistance

To test these wires on which one is best, a conductivity test is how to do it.