Completely Clear Tail Lights with Red LED bulbs?

lptheory96

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
I really don't want the ugly ricey euros on my 04 GT, But I found these cool RED LED bulbs that I can use in place of my standard bulbs in the rear...They fit just like OEM. So, I was thinking it would look really cool to have the red plastic be completely clear since the bulbs put off red light rather than white light from factory.

But.....All the light I find on the net are ero's with red circles that the clear bulb goes in..... I'm determined to find or make what I need....

Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, first off, i know the tailights you are looking for they do exsist, there is a guy in the Official 4.6l picture thead that has them, my internet is acting up right now, else i would look through some pages and find it hah. So i do know that you can get them, i was just looking online for them and couldnt find any. I would keep your eyes on ebay and maybe search a little deeper via google.

Secondly, now that we heard of all these other guys opinions, ill give you mine. I think that these lights actually dont look to bad, i kind of like them. Most guys generally go in the darker direction. I think you should do what you like and thinks looks the best. Dont be like everyone else, some people could argue that "we do a lot of the stuff the same because it looks good" however; I will point out that though a majority of people may agree that something looks better than others, it only matters "if" you are in that majority of people. After all you will be driving this car yourself, daily im assuming. Im assuming also that you will be keeping the stock taillights so its not like it could affect resell value. I am tired of people deeming something "ricey" just because they dont find it appealing to themselves. I strongly believe that the word you guys use as "ricey" derives from the basis of import owners customizing there vehicles to suit their tastes. The general reason people fall into love with the imports is because they have a huge aftermarket that easily allows anyone to cheaply alter there car. Which in turn makes it more appealing to the owner who drives it every day. I believe that it could easily be arguable that the majority of modifications that Mustang owners do, could be deemed in your guys terms "ricey". I.E. Turbocharging, painting interior, head unit, Dvd player, subwoofers, aftermarket gauges, hood scoop, custom lights, HID, racing seats, black rims, body kits and the list could go on. I often wonder if the owners of imports have a word that correlates with our term "ricey" haha. Man that supercharger is so "musgusting" lol.

To sum it all up, were all entitled to our opinions. Though i will agree once again that the majority of people may have reached a consensus on what they think looks good, but it only truly matters to the owner, or people who see it every day. So try not to be too judgemental and jump on the bandwagon with everyone who calls anything outside the ordinary "ricey".

Well, first off, i know the tailights you are looking for they do exsist, there is a guy in the Official 4.6l picture thead that has them, my internet is acting up right now, else i would look through some pages and find it hah. So i do know that you can get them, i was just looking online for them and couldnt find any. I would keep your eyes on ebay and maybe search a little deeper via google. Secondly, now that we heard of all these other guys opinions, ill give you mine. I think that these lights actually dont look to bad, i kind of like them. Most guys generally go in the darker direction. I think you should do what you like and thinks looks the best. Dont be like everyone else, some people could argue that "we do a lot of the stuff the same because it looks good" however; I will point out that though a majority of people may agree that something looks better than others, it only matters "if" you are in that majority of people. After all you will be driving this car yourself, daily im assuming. Im assuming also that you will be keeping the stock taillights so its not like it could affect resell value. I am tired of people deeming something "ricey" just because they dont find it appealing to themselves. I strongly believe that the word you guys use as "ricey" derives from the basis of import owners customizing there vehicles to suit their tastes. The general reason people fall into love with the imports is because they have a huge aftermarket that easily allows anyone to cheaply alter there car. Which in turn makes it more appealing to the owner who drives it every day. I believe that it could easily be arguable that the majority of modifications that Mustang owners do, could be deemed in your guys terms "ricey". I.E. Turbocharging, painting interior, head unit, Dvd player, subwoofers, aftermarket gauges, hood scoop, custom lights, HID, racing seats, black rims, body kits and the list could go on. I often wonder if the owners of imports have a word that correlates with our term "ricey" haha. Man that supercharger is so "musgusting" lol. To sum it all up, were all entitled to our opinions. Though i will agree once again that the majority of people may have reached a consensus on what they think looks good, but it only truly matters to the owner, or people who see it every day. So try not to be too judgemental and jump on the bandwagon with everyone who calls anything outside the ordinary "ricey".

The only people who think altezza's looks good are 16 year old pimple faced white kids, a subset of asians, and messicans. They aren't even rice, altezza's are f'n ghey. Oh and the idea that import cars have a huge aftermarket, that's bull chit. There's way more aftermarket parts in the US for Mustangs, and the difference is they are made for Mustangs not just made for every car. Take those stupid stick on fender vents. Those aren't Honda specific, they'll fit on any car. It's just that the import drivers with the fart can mufflers are the only ones who think they are cool (unless it's the black guy with the rusted out 80's impala or old ass suburban w/ 26" wheels).

It's like they get to the aisle in Walmart w/ all the chrome stick on fake parts, hood scoops, stickers, spoilers, and decide that by buying every single part in the aisle their car will suddenly become cool. Maybe that's what the owner of the car likes, who knows and who cares. The fact of the matter is over 90% of the people who see a car on the road with that junk from Autozone or Walmart think to themselves "what an idiot."

Do what you want with your car, but be prepared to be snickered at for taking a nice looking subtle mustang and turning it into a riced out POS. I think Chip Foose said it best when he said he likes to take a car and make people wonder if it came that way from the factory or if it was a custom design.

The only people who think altezza's looks good are 16 year old pimple faced white kids, a subset of asians, and messicans. They aren't even rice, altezza's are f'n ghey. Oh and the idea that import cars have a huge aftermarket, that's bull chit. There's way more aftermarket parts in the US for Mustangs, and the difference is they are made for Mustangs not just made for every car. Take those stupid stick on fender vents. Those aren't Honda specific, they'll fit on any car. It's just that the import drivers with the fart can mufflers are the only ones who think they are cool (unless it's the black guy with the rusted out 80's impala or old ass suburban w/ 26" wheels).

It's like they get to the aisle in Walmart w/ all the chrome stick on fake parts, hood scoops, stickers, spoilers, and decide that by buying every single part in the aisle their car will suddenly become cool. Maybe that's what the owner of the car likes, who knows and who cares. The fact of the matter is over 90% of the people who see a car on the road with that junk from Autozone or Walmart think to themselves "what an idiot."

Do what you want with your car, but be prepared to be snickered at for taking a nice looking subtle mustang and turning it into a riced out POS. I think Chip Foose said it best when he said he likes to take a car and make people wonder if it came that way from the factory or if it was a custom design.

First of all i am not sure you fully read and comprehended my reply. Maybe try again :). Secondly, through your borderline rasicst reply i think you forgot that were not talking about altezzas were talking about OEM clear taillights. Thirdly i am inclined to disagree with you about there being more aftermarket parts for mustangs than imports in general. Thats just a bit farfetched. Im sure the Honda Civic has a wider band of aftermarket manufacturers in just itself, let alone imports in general LOL. I also love how you mention "the FACT of the matter is 90% of people who see a car on the road with that junk from Autozone or Walmart think to themselves "what an idiot."
I find this a bit ignorant and biased. So you are telling me that 9 out of 10 people going down the road see a new ford mustang with a chrome gas door, shorty antenna, tinted windows, locking lug nuts, or painted calipers and call him an idiot? LOL. I do not wish argue, as i feel it is like fighting with a brother. I will say this, yet i do agree that some of that stick on stuff from wal-mart or autozone is a bit dumb, i am not close minded enough to judge people who purchase it. I also will say that although, Chip Foose has created a few awesome cars, the ideal that he has of making people wonder "did it come from the factory like that"? Is just silly. Its like making people ask, did they actually do anything to it? Or did they just buy a kit car? haha. It is real easy being conservative and making only small changes to a car that can appeal to the masses, the hard part is being completely different and being accepted into a class of your own.

Also, i have found the link to the picture of those taillights.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/605976-official-4-6-liter-mustang-photo-thread-23.html

Scroll to the bottom its the mineral grey GT.

First of all i am not sure you fully read and comprehended my reply. Maybe try again :). Secondly, through your borderline rasicst reply i think you forgot that were not talking about altezzas were talking about OEM clear taillights. Thirdly i am inclined to disagree with you about there being more aftermarket parts for mustangs than imports in general. Thats just a bit farfetched. Im sure the Honda Civic has a wider band of aftermarket manufacturers in just itself, let alone imports in general LOL. I also love how you mention "the FACT of the matter is 90% of people who see a car on the road with that junk from Autozone or Walmart think to themselves "what an idiot."
I find this a bit ignorant and biased. So you are telling me that 9 out of 10 people going down the road see a new ford mustang with a chrome gas door, shorty antenna, tinted windows, locking lug nuts, or painted calipers and call him an idiot? LOL. I do not wish argue, as i feel it is like fighting with a brother. I will say this, yet i do agree that some of that stick on stuff from wal-mart or autozone is a bit dumb, i am not close minded enough to judge people who purchase it. I also will say that although, Chip Foose has created a few awesome cars, the ideal that he has of making people wonder "did it come from the factory like that"? Is just silly. Its like making people ask, did they actually do anything to it? Or did they just buy a kit car? haha. It is real easy being conservative and making only small changes to a car that can appeal to the masses, the hard part is being completely different and being accepted into a class of your own.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/605976-official-4-6-liter-mustang-photo-thread-23.html

Those lights are Ho Ho Horrrrrendous!

Honestly, I don't think 90% of the people on the road even notice our painted calipers, shorty antennas, Mach 1 grill deletes, and most subtle and tasteful mods. Only car guys notice, and even care about that stuff. However, when you go slapping park bench wings, fart cannons, chrome doodads, and rediculous clear taillights on any car people can't help but notice. I don't care what color you are or what car you drive, if you make these tasteless ridiculous mods to your car I will call it rice.

Those lights are Ho Ho Horrrrrendous!

Honestly, I don't think 90% of the people on the road even notice our painted calipers, shorty antennas, Mach 1 grill deletes, and most subtle and tasteful mods. Only car guys notice, and even care about that stuff. However, when you go slapping park bench wings, fart cannons, chrome doodads, and rediculous clear taillights on any car people can't help but notice. I don't care what color you are or what car you drive, if you make these tasteless ridiculous mods to your car I will call it rice.

LOL, i love how you instantly jump to the conclusion that once this guy starts to look at clear tailights you instantly assume that hes gonna be adding spoilers,fart cannons, and chrome doodads. But you know what they say about assumptions. Let us not forget that we have our "handicapped" v6 stang in our family. I also love that you mention "tasteless ridiculous mods" yet i just finished reading your post on painting the running horse on your steering wheel with a sharpie! Nice one, aint that the pot calling the kettle RICER LOL. No hard feelings just pointing out the obvious :) As for the guy who is actually interested in these lights, please let me know if you buy them :)

First of all i am not sure you fully read and comprehended my reply. Maybe try again . Secondly, through your borderline rasicst reply i think you forgot that were not talking about altezzas were talking about OEM clear taillights. Thirdly i am inclined to disagree with you about there being more aftermarket parts for mustangs than imports in general. Thats just a bit farfetched. Im sure the Honda Civic has a wider band of aftermarket manufacturers in just itself, let alone imports in general LOL. I also love how you mention "the FACT of the matter is 90% of people who see a car on the road with that junk from Autozone or Walmart think to themselves "what an idiot."

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...thread-23.html

:lol: no it isn't easy making a car look good and stand out with conservative mods. Take for example EPIK's car. He has a Mach 1 with a 03-04 Cobra spoiler and side skirts. It's also lowered and rolls on 18" staggered FR500's. Car's f'n money looking and clean with subtle mods. These mods make his car look different than the Mach 1 and really make it stand out.

I'm not judging anyone. I'm simply saying that the "rice" mods look like chit and most will agree with me. The idea of being in a class of your own by having a riced out car is fine if that's what you want. Just realize most people will think your car looks like a retarded red headed step child.

That MG car in the pic thread w/ the clear/chrome tails looks f'n stupid, too. Nice job turning a nice looking Mustang into a ghey riced out POS. That thing belongs near my house in the ghetto next to a rusted out '85 impala sitting on 22's and a 96 Suburban sitting on 26's :nonono:

LOL, i love how you instantly jump to the conclusion that once this guy starts to look at clear tailights you instantly assume that hes gonna be adding spoilers,fart cannons, and chrome doodads. But you know what they say about assumptions. Let us not forget that we have our "handicapped" v6 stang in our family. I also love that you mention "tasteless ridiculous mods" yet i just finished reading your post on painting the running horse on your steering wheel with a sharpie! Nice one, aint that the pot calling the kettle RICER LOL. No hard feelings just pointing out the obvious :) As for the guy who is actually interested in these lights, please let me know if you buy them :)

We're not assuming anything actually. What we are saying is that clear tail lights, along with sick on fake chrome parts is rice, period.

BTW, you brought up tinted windows, painted calipers, and a shorty antenna. Those are subtle mods that many times add to the appearance of a car and are therefore not ghey rice.

Here let me help you:

Rice/ghey

stang2.jpg

Tastefully conservative

DSCN3032.jpg

:eek:
:lol: no it isn't easy making a car look good and stand out with conservative mods. Take for example EPIK's car. He has a Mach 1 with a 03-04 Cobra spoiler and side skirts. It's also lowered and rolls on 18" staggered FR500's. Car's f'n money looking and clean with subtle mods. These mods make his car look different than the Mach 1 and really make it stand out.

I'm not judging anyone. I'm simply saying that the "rice" mods look like chit and most will agree with me. The idea of being in a class of your own by having a riced out car is fine if that's what you want. Just realize most people will think your car looks like a retarded red headed step child.

That MG car in the pic thread w/ the clear/chrome tails looks f'n stupid, too. Nice job turning a nice looking Mustang into a ghey riced out POS. That thing belongs near my house in the ghetto next to a rusted out '85 impala sitting on 22's and a 96 Suburban sitting on 26's :nonono:

We're not assuming anything actually. What we are saying is that clear tail lights, along with sick on fake chrome parts is rice, period.

BTW, you brought up tinted windows, painted calipers, and a shorty antenna. Those are subtle mods that many times add to the appearance of a car and are therefore not ghey rice.

Here let me help you:

Rice/ghey

stang2.jpg

Tastefully conservative

DSCN3032.jpg

No, allow me to help you as it appears you are most in need. Once again you managed to only comprehend 1 or 2 sentences of my post, but you are getting better :nice: First thing, i will give credit where credit is due, the mach 1 you posted, is sweet indeed and i would drive it in a heart beat, but honestly the stripes down the side of the car, perfectly illustrates why we are posting in the first place haha. Anyone could argue that those are ricey on there own. But once you incorporate other changes to the car, although IMO unoriginal, they give a specific overall feeling to the car. You once again as the other guy instantly assume that those taillights come with a free spoiler, wheels, and headlights. Just because someone is thinking about adding those taillights on their car does NOT mean that they are going to completely rice out the car. I will agree that that mineral grey GT is def. not in any means a perfect car in my book. But hey, there is a crowd of people who dig it. Need i not remind you that Steeda makes this spoiler haha :jaw:
So do not assume that this link that i posted is by any means a representation of what is possible with these taillights. But then again you know what they say about ASSuming.....

BTW you said this "you brought up tinted windows, painted calipers, and a shorty antenna." Yes, these could be considered "subtle mods" but you just happen to mention earlier, that Autozone and Wal-mart sell stupid ricer stuff earlier (read above posts), yet now you change your mind and these are "subtle mods" HAHAHA :notnice: Correct me if am wrong, but doesnt Mach1 or Bullit mustangs come with the aftermarket fuel door? Pretty sure this is a common item sold at Autozone too :lol: This shall be my last attempt to try and help you open your closed mind to new possibilities. Its like trying to explain to the GT500 owner how he lost to an AWD 2.0 liter Evolution with a babyseat in the back LOL. If not, may we agree to disagree, good day. ;) I really enjoyed debating with you though, all in good fun sir.

P.S Good to know your house is near the ghetto :eek:

:eek:

No, allow me to help you as it appears you are most in need. Once again you managed to only comprehend 1 or 2 sentences of my post, but you are getting better :nice: First thing, i will give credit where credit is due, the mach 1 you posted, is sweet indeed and i would drive it in a heart beat, but honestly the stripes down the side of the car, perfectly illustrates why we are posting in the first place haha. Anyone could argue that those are ricey on there own. But once you incorporate other changes to the car, although IMO unoriginal, they give a specific overall feeling to the car. You once again as the other guy instantly assume that those taillights come with a free spoiler, wheels, and headlights.

:lol: seems like you are the one unable to read or comprehend. Where did I say the taillights came with a spoiler, wheels, and headlights? What I said was:

N8Dogg98 said:
That MG car in the pic thread w/ the clear/chrome tails looks f'n stupid.

Interesting, I don't see any reference to a spoiler or the wheels :shrug:

I've said before and I'll say it again... altezza's and clear tail lights look retarded, ya feel me?

Just because someone is thinking about adding those taillights on their car does NOT mean that they are going to completely rice out the car.

False, the simple action of adding clear tail lights results in a riced out a car :nice:

will agree that that mineral grey GT is def. not in any means a perfect car in my book.

We agree :nice:

But hey, there is a crowd of people who dig it. Need i not remind you that Steeda makes this spoiler haha :jaw:

Should we have a vote? You may be one of the only people on this site that likes the tail lights on that car (other than the owner). I really don't care that you like them just like you probably don't care that I think they look terrible.

So do not assume that this link that i posted is by any means a representation of what is possible with these taillights. But then again you know what they say about ASSuming.....

I didn't make any assumptions. I've never liked the look of clear or altezza tail lights.

BTW you said this "you brought up tinted windows, painted calipers, and a shorty antenna." Yes, these could be considered "subtle mods" but you just happen to mention earlier, that Autozone and Wal-mart sell stupid ricer stuff earlier (read above posts), yet now you change your mind and these are "subtle mods" HAHAHA :notnice: Correct me if am wrong, but doesnt Mach1 or Bullit mustangs come with the aftermarket fuel door? Pretty sure this is a common item sold at Autozone too :lol:

Yes indeed. However the fuel doors sold at walmart and autozone are shiny chrome, not matte chrome. Most of the items sold in that aisle is rice, period. The fuel door on the Bullitt and Mach 1 is borderline rice anyways.

This shall be my last attempt to try and help you open your closed mind to new possibilities. Its like trying to explain to the GT500 owner how he lost to an AWD 2.0 liter Evolution with a babyseat in the back LOL. If not, may we agree to disagree, good day. ;) I really enjoyed debating with you though, all in good fun sir.

Agreed tomtom, agreed :nice:

BTW, if a GT500 owner loses to an Evo driver, at least he gets to drive home in a sweet car and not a ghey looking 4 door import. You know what they say, you can't outrun ugly :D

Oh and before I forget to address EVERY ONE OF YOUR SENTENCES

P.S Good to know your house is near the ghetto :eek:

Yep, I'm 2 blocks out of North Minneapolis. It's not quite the ghetto, but I'm within miles of some of the worst streets in MN with regard to crime rate and drug dealing.