Computer

So after all these problems I have had. All the money I have spent. I decided to pull computer out. Please tell me this is the problem. The first picture looks like corrosion. But idk what a bad one looks like. Is this bad?

Attachments

• 99881F82-A863-467F-81C7-D96526443BBE.jpeg
    99881F82-A863-467F-81C7-D96526443BBE.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

That computer is bad. ECUexchange to the rescue again. They are making a bunch of money from us. I've got a few I want to send to them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
That is bad.

The fluid inside the capacitor is corrosive, so when it leaks out, it starts to corrode at the solder joint. That's why often times folks will open up the computer and find that not only are the solder joints corroded, but they are also broken with the cap hanging in the breeze on one leg.

If you see any of that green corrosion on the joint, replace the cap.

That is bad.

The fluid inside the capacitor is corrosive, so when it leaks out, it starts to corrode at the solder joint. That's why often times folks will open up the computer and find that not only are the solder joints corroded, but they are also broken with the cap hanging in the breeze on one leg.

If you see any of that green corrosion on the joint, replace the cap.
Yes sir hence the name ELECTROLYTIC Capacitor....LOL

Id send it out to the ECU Exchange...They put the computer on a tester and then they fix anything that looks suspect plus they beef up the areas prone to refailure.....

I unfortunately have to resend an ECU back but its not ECU Exchanges fault....Its Ron Francis' wiring harness the TDZ-75...Scott Bowers cant design a harness with honest circuits...He took many many shortcuts to simplify things which just complicated and FUBAr'd the whole harness....LOL

They hooked all the grounds together and tapped the dirty o2 heater power from the clean 37/57...The #20 case ground is just a ground for the case and when incorporated with the clean ECU ground wires #40/60 causes the ECU to become afflicted by RF interferrence plus they also tapped the #49 pulse regulated Hego ground wire into the #40/60 grounds too plus they also put the oxygen sensor ground wires into the clean #40/60 ECU grounds too.

Then they botched up the power distribution too.....

After fixing the issues my vehicle ran a ton better but after putting 5 straight hours on it it started losing its rpm signal and rpm's got squirelly....Opened up the ECU and found bad capacitors....

Good thing I keep a backup ECU around because after swapping my F4V3 chip into the spare the truck fired right up and is running better than awesome now,,,,lol

When I emailed the guy and told him what I discovered he was like aye yaye yaye............LOL

IMG_20221009_114039.jpg