Continental Extreme DWS Good?

jocatch

Jul 22, 2009
My 2010 GT has about 15,000 miles on it and for some reason the 19" Pirelli Zero all season tires that came with the car are almost worn!

I don't like the Pirellis as I don't think they are great in the rain and even though I don't drive it in the snow, when the temps get below 40 they don't hold the road for crap.

I went to Mavis Tire and they have Continentals Extreme DWS which look nice but for 4 tires, mounting, balance and tax you are looking at over $1000. Seems like because of the speed rating of the stock tires there are not alot of choices for replacement tires.

Anyone have the DWS on their Mustang and are they any good or better than the Pirelli ? Thanks.

JC

• Sponsors (?)

The 19" Pirelli OEM's are NOT all season, they are a summer max performance tire they're built to hold the road not last. The DWS is a great all season tire ( a bit noisy) however if you drive at all on the "sporty" side you will immediately notice the down grade in handling vs a summer tire.

Hi jocatch,

You may want to visit Quick Lane for your tires. They have factory-trained experts that know all the ins and outs when it comes to your tires and have the right replacements on hand, based on your requirements. They will work with you to determine the best tire for your weather conditions. And in the unlikely event you find tires for less, they will beat that price up to 30 days after your purchase.

~Natasha

The Pirellis on my 2010 GT ARE all season, they are not the summer only tires which came as a option for some packages.

Someone suggested the DW instead of the DWS but I am not sure if the DW will work well at low temps. Like I said I don't drive in the snow but do drive in the winter. Regarding QuickLane, there are no shops around where I live.

JC

Currently have them on my SUBARU wrx (decent in snow) - My parents also have them on two of their vehicles. They hold up well on the 300-350hp cars we have them on.

+1 for a good tire :nice:

My 2010 GT has about 15,000 miles on it and for some reason the 19" Pirelli Zero all season tires that came with the car are almost worn!

I don't like the Pirellis as I don't think they are great in the rain and even though I don't drive it in the snow, when the temps get below 40 they don't hold the road for crap.

I went to Mavis Tire and they have Continentals Extreme DWS which look nice but for 4 tires, mounting, balance and tax you are looking at over $1000. Seems like because of the speed rating of the stock tires there are not alot of choices for replacement tires.

Anyone have the DWS on their Mustang and are they any good or better than the Pirelli ? Thanks.

JC

where do you live? and do you do track events?

it is a start.

beers

I have the 18" DW on my mustang, love them. Very quiet, and great traction. Awesome in the wet. However, you are right, the DW is a summer tire, the DWS is the year round tire. I would not run the DW if temps are under 45. I put my stock rims and BFG's back on usually in November, then change back in April.

Check out tirerack.com