Contour fan controller

This is cool, thank you. I have a set of fans and need to do this!

BTW if you head to the junkyard to grab relays or fans, snip the plugs and 6" of wire as well.

You can find aftermarket wiring harnesses, but the wiring used is slightly undersized from what the factory used from what i've found.

Reactions: 1 users
BTW if you head to the junkyard to grab relays or fans, snip the plugs and 6" of wire as well.

You can find aftermarket wiring harnesses, but the wiring used is slightly undersized from what the factory used from what i've found.
If taking Contour fans and relays/fuse panel, don't snip at all. Take your time you can salvage the whole system from battery connection to fuse panel and fuse panel/relays to fans and ground connector. In the video, someone hacked to get it out and then just left it on the front seat. I have 3 other OEM Contour dual fans I am hoarding for future need with the wiring shown.

Factory wires undersized - NOT !!! Most people talk about 10 ga wire to power the Contour fans. Ford used 8 ga from relays to fans and 4 ga from battery to fuse panel. Beefier than any system I have seen proposed to install Contour fans in anything.

Reactions: 1 user