Convertible Top Cables Loose

Blue94vert

May 3, 2010
North Idaho
Spring has been trying to make an appearance here, and I'm getting the 'vert ready for the road. Before I put her away last fall, I noticed the right rear window was catching on something as it went up and down. I found that the culprit is one of the tension cables hanging down inside the body from the top. I figured I'd check the left side for reference, but the bottom of that one wasn't anchored either! So now I need to figure out where their anchor point is located.

A little more info... both cables are clipped to a grommet at the corner of the top fabric near where it meets the bottom of the rear side windows. The cables then pass through a loop down inside the body under the windows, and dangle down. The other end of the cables have a spring with a loop on the end, which looks like it should attach to something. I need to know where these cables attach to get them out of the way of the windows. I have the interior panels pulled off, but can't see any attachment points for the springs. I've searched this site and the internet, but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Spring has been trying to make an appearance here, and I'm getting the 'vert ready for the road. Before I put her away last fall, I noticed the right rear window was catching on something as it went up and down. I found that the culprit is one of the tension cables hanging down inside the body from the top. I figured I'd check the left side for reference, but the bottom of that one wasn't anchored either! So now I need to figure out where their anchor point is located.

A little more info... both cables are clipped to a grommet at the corner of the top fabric near where it meets the bottom of the rear side windows. The cables then pass through a loop down inside the body under the windows, and dangle down. The other end of the cables have a spring with a loop on the end, which looks like it should attach to something. I need to know where these cables attach to get them out of the way of the windows. I have the interior panels pulled off, but can't see any attachment points for the springs. I've searched this site and the internet, but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The anchor point is the top fastener (stud) for the side scoops. The cable has a fitted ring that held in place by the nut attached to the stud. If the cable is loose you should be able to locate the nut holding the ring. Access is from the inside so the side trim panel needs to be removed.