Convertible top replacement in Detroit area

1GtUnV

Mar 31, 2002
Anyone know of a cheap yet quality convertible top replacement shop in the metro detroit area? I recently was quoted at $940 for my 97gt. About 2 years ago i was quoted at $500, didnt want to spend it then and really dont want to spend the near grand now. Wishing i forked over the $500 then. If anyone has replaced theirs for cheaper around the area please let me know about it and where? Also, if i order the parts from robbins will most places do the replacement?

• Sponsors (?)

1GtUnV said:
Anyone know of a cheap yet quality convertible top replacement shop in the metro detroit area? I recently was quoted at $940 for my 97gt. About 2 years ago i was quoted at $500, didnt want to spend it then and really dont want to spend the near grand now. Wishing i forked over the $500 then. If anyone has replaced theirs for cheaper around the area please let me know about it and where? Also, if i order the parts from robbins will most places do the replacement?

I did this 2 years ago and the cheapest i found was around 800-900. Look up upholstery places and sometimes they do them or they can point you in the right direction. Try calling body shops and see who they use when they need a top replaced.