Engine Coolant leak - Spraying from Passenger Side

ZachMorris

Jun 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

Car was just on the dyno a few days ago and after a few pulls we noticed a small puddle of coolant on the ground.

After paying attention it looked like the leak was coming from the area around the heater core hoses on the passenger side. It’s right above the passenger valve cover. The only thing that’s bothering me is that it would start to spray coolant once the revs went out ( like physically spraying out the passenger side with the hood up. It was hard to get a good look for obvious reasons .

I started the car up again tonight and let it idle for 5 minutes or so...I couldn’t take it out because we got some snow. I couldn’t see it leaking anywhere but the car also didn’t get up to tempeture. Now after shutting it down and letting it sit for an hour I have a couple drops on the ground.

Any guesses as to what it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

In your other thread I was looking at your heater hoses, one has some discoloration, check both hoses of course but I suspect that one, coolant pressure will rise with rpm,
There is no need to start a new thread when a problem arises as long as we are dealing with the same car. You already have an audience ready and willing to give advice, even bad advice :jester:

Reactions: 1 user
In your other thread I was looking at your heater hoses, one has some discoloration, check both hoses of course but I suspect that one, coolant pressure will rise with rpm,
There is no need to start a new thread when a problem arises as long as we are dealing with the same car. You already have an audience ready and willing to give advice, even bad advice :jester:
Thank you sir ,

I apologize - figured changing topic in the other thread wasn’t a good idea lol those hoses are definitely in rough shape.

I’ll grab a pressure tester from my buddy tomorrow AM...the fact the coolant was spraying out the side makes me think it has to be one of those hoses.

Worst fear when I noticed coolant on the ground was lower intake gasket or head gasket.

• Surprised
Just felt the bottom of the hose where the clamp is and it’s wet...gotta be that hose. I’m just going to replace both in the AM. This cars been a joy LOL

Alls good, well 'cept that leak, that ain't good, like I said you got members following,
After my 1991 foxbody sitting in my garage for winter I have the same problem cant figure where its coming from look at the pic ? What is it?

Attachments

• 20220421_072027.jpg
    20220421_072027.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 46