Coolant Leaking form Water Pump ?

I have a massive coolant leak,
I trying to determine if it's from the water Pump.

While running It looks like coolant is coming out from under the water pulley pump maybe the bearing ??...

Also on startup I hear a noise like a whine for a few seconds and stops... might be comming from the water pump ...

• Sponsors (?)

There are 2 spots on the water pump that you need to look at and you already named one of them, being the bearing and the other is a weep hole that is on the underside of the water pump. start it up crawl underneath and just watch the pump for the leak. also you might want to check the t-stat housing. also on the back side of the timing cover you will see to small pockets on the top of the timing cover. if you see coolant pooling there you might have a leak that is on the top end of the motor. good luck and keep us posted.

replace the waterpump leaks from the waterpumand noisy bearings are a sure sign of a bad waterpump.... i did mine today its fairly easy drain cooling system, remove belt, remove waterpump pulley (4) bolts,remove the bypass and waterpump to tube hoses and bottom radiator hose, remove 9 bolts from waterpump,clean old gasket material from housing,install new gasket and pump and reinstall in reverse of removal...i flushed the system (block and radiator) with fresh water from waterhose and let drain before install and refilled with a 70/30 mix af antifreeze and distilled water after install. below are some pictures i took before complete dissasembly... and also line bolts up in order of removal and reinstall in same order the bolts are different sizes and they need to be placed back into right holes upon reinstallation.
View attachment 454137
View attachment 454139
View attachment 454141

If going with the Ford pump, check for backorder status before ordering (I'd call the vendor and ask so you get a real-time reply).

Good luck.

Ok just back from the auto parts store and nobody carries this pump in stock
went to autozone...
call pepboys / strauss nobody...
Not even ford dealer has it in stock .. would have to order...

One last question the botoom bolt on the pump hits the harmonic balancer pulley do I have to remove the pulley to remove the bolt ?

OK Now should I order from jegs or summit the ford racing pump ?
jegs says they will get in back in stock on 26th ...
summit says aug 8 on webpage

I'm in NJ which one ships faster ???

Another option if you need it now is the Stewart stage one. It's 25 more bucks but it should ship immediately.

Ford the Ford pump, I'd call and ask them how many times the expected-ship date has shifted back - when I was ordering stuff a couple weeks ago I think I remember a different backorder date.

Good luck.

Just call today JEGS and they moved up the expected ship date to aug 1, so I cancel the order and order from summit the

EMP-16183 Water Pump, Stage 1, Aluminum, High Volume, Ford 1994-95, 5.0/5.8L, Each

I hate when they lie about backorder dates...
I think I will stick to summit from now on...

Anyone Can tell me the name of this Hose ??
I need to replace it and I don't know the name !!!:doh:

Attachments

• hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 117
DJiCE said:
Anyone Can tell me the name of this Hose ??
I need to replace it and I don't know the name !!!:doh:
That's the one that attaches to the steel line that is above the lower intake, right? It's the heater return hose. The one to the right of it goes to the thermostat housing and is the bypass hose.

:nice:

I was able to get both the smaller pump hoses at the parts store, but they did require some light trimming. Having midget hands helps with the R/R.

I often dont bother with the names of the hoses because they still give me the wrong one. I just have them pull up all the hoses and bring me one of each (of the likely ones - in this case there are two).

Good luck.

ok here's a bit of an update on the sewart pump..
just by looking at it you can tell it's a quality pump..

Been running a few days now and my temps have drop a bit with this pump that's impressive since
with my orignal pump my engine always stayed at "O" on normal.

Now it runs "N" ..

AND THIS WAS IN HEATWAVE TEMPS of 100 DEGREES