Coolant reservoir level? (no cold fill line)

JayBourbon

Apr 6, 2019
chicago
Hi there, So I just picked up an 03 mustang gt 4.6 and did a coolant flush.. I am looking a this coolant reservoir and not seeing a lower cold level. Just an upper line with an "add coolant" about a quarter inch from the top. The manual even says ad to the lower cold level... Maybe someone put an after market reservoir in this thing?
Where should I top this thing off to. Thanks in advance..

• Sponsors (?)

Hi there, So I just picked up an 03 mustang gt 4.6 and did a coolant flush.. I am looking a this coolant reservoir and not seeing a lower cold level. Just an upper line with an "add coolant" about a quarter inch from the top. The manual even says ad to the lower cold level... Maybe someone put an after market reservoir in this thing?
Where should I top this thing off to. Thanks in advance..

Mine is like yours. Mine is an aftermarket tank.
Best I remember is the cold line is about an inch below the Add Coolant line. It how I did mine recently when I flushed the system

Mine doesn't have those lines either. It just says "Add Coolant" which is about a half inch from the top of the reservoir. I filled mine up just under that line and so far so good. Just for curiosity sake..... where does your temp gauge like to sit? Mine is sitting dead center. On "R" of "N O R M A L". Ambient temp outside in the 90's.

The "Add Coolant" line on my 2K is 3/4" below the black top. Cold my coolant is at the "Add Coolant" line. Been that way since I last messed with it 2-3 years ago.
I cannot for the life of me find the lines except fot "ADD COOLANT" which is now topped off. So far so good! Not really symptomatic of any major issue.... knock on wood.

Reactions: 1 user