cooling system issues

0to100to0

Dec 16, 2005
my 289 is running really hot after more than five minutes of driving. I replaced the water neck, did a radiator flush, thermostat, and the only thing left to replace is the radiator. It quit on me a few weeks ago from overheating and now i just don't trust it. It will easily get to the max on the temp gauge in a matter of minutes, any ideas?
thanks,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

If the head gaskets are blown there will, be signs of compression leaks into the radiator or coolant in the oil. The radiator could be plugged or gunked up, in additon to many other causes for overheating. When you replaced the thermostat, did you install it with the pointed side out and the bronze side in?

If the head gaskets are blown there will, be signs of compression leaks into the radiator or coolant in the oil. The radiator could be plugged or gunked up, in additon to many other causes for overheating. When you replaced the thermostat, did you install it with the pointed side out and the bronze side in?

yeah, for sure the thermostat was installed correctly, i still have the coolant i drained when i flushed it and it is clean -- no oil, and i changed the oil recently and no coolant in the oil.
matt