cooling trouble

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
hey guys,
i know this is probably a redundant topic but i just need advice. First of all right now my car does not have a fan shroud but i just bought one and will have it in soon. My car runs real hot when im driving around town, the funny thing is i never had the problem until i changed the water pump and redid the intake gaskets. I also bought a new ect sensor. When im driving past 40 for a good amount of time it cools down perfectly, and i dont have trouble. I know the factory gauge is really innacurate but i was just wondering if anyone else has expierenced teh same problem, im sure my lack of fan shroud has something to do with it as well.

• Sponsors (?)

w/ the new change of water pump, i would poke around for kinked hoses. that sounds like where you should start trouble shooting. while you were in there with the water pump did you flush everything out? Something fishy could have also effected your t-stat, seized or not working properly. i would get yourself a good temp gauge or at least one other than the stock one and look at it.

as you said, the shroud is crucial in low speed situations.

i would make sure you burped the cooling system to get all the air out. i jack the driver side front up and (cold motor) remove the radiator cap. let it run for 20 mins or so. you should see bubbles make their way out. it is much harder for this to happen when the system is pressurized.

as said, get a real gauge too. you can move the stock sender to the rear of the lower w/o having to remove much (read easily).

good luck.