Cops are out in force!!!

Sounds like somone trying to make their end of the month quota. When a dickhead is following me I just slow down more and more and more he cahn either pull me over or go on by. If one is tailing you like that they picked you out to find an excuse to issue you a summons. If you follow anyone long enough (even a cop) there will some kind of "catch 22" violation sooner or later.

I dont know if this is a rumor or not (havnt personally tried it out) but i heard that a cop can not follow you for more than 3 turns. If your going straight ofcourse they could just say they are just headed that way.But after three turns someone told me that it would be considered stalking.

Also a cop cannot throw radar at night wiht his lights off (again not sure if its a rumor or not )

Also a cop has to have 2 sides of the vehicle seen at all times. Lol

Just some things i heard if anyone can confirm will be great.

• Sponsors (?)

darien87

State laws are different in different states. New Mexico has a 75-80 mph speed limit and you can walk down the street with a six gun on your side. I seen a speed limit sign in Montana a long time ago that said "Speed limit, Travel at your own risk"
Cops in Texas stop people with black tint but if they roll down the window while the cop is approaching, they don't get a ticket, Most of the time.
I have been thinking of inventing a window shade that looks like it's tinted but there is no tint on the window, And at night you could roll it up, Wonder how they would deal with that?
In your state if tint is a deal with cops, then don't do it. In LA. Cops don't like loud mufflers, Some cities in Texas care, most cities don't care.

Just so you know

Let me start off by letting everyone know that I’m a CHP officer out of the Bay Area. I have a soft spot for Mustangs so I normally give them a break. Window tinting is a huge officer safety problem at night. When I walk up to a car at 2:00 in the morning I need to see the drivers hands, otherwise I may be taking a .45 cal to the chest. As long as I can see into the car I have no problem with tint; however, the California Vehicle Code (26708) states that “nothing shall be attached to the front windows, unless the equipment is OK’ed by a doctor… I could recite the whole code but that would get boring quick.

Now as far as singling out a car I really don’t know any guys that do it, but there are some officers that like one type of violation and window tint may be it. One more thing I want to point out. The CHP does NOT get any revenue on tickets…None. All the money goes to the county not the state, if it did I think the state would be fairing better.

Let’s see what else… The CHP can run radar at night on the freeway with the lights off. The law states that the officer has to be in sight, meaning if you can only see him once your 1 foot away it’s all legal. We can also follow someone as far as we want to, normally this is done to try and find some type of PC for a stop to check and see if the idiot is drunk.

If any of you guys have questions about cop stuff feel free to ask me, were not all *******s really, it’s like any other job.. there are good guys and bad guys.

One more piece of advice for my fellow mustang enthusiasts if your getting pulled over on the freeway and there is an exit within about a mile, get off the freeway, pull over somewhere safe, roll down your windows, and keep your hands on the steering wheel, and just be polite. Just doing that can help you get a Verbal warning instead of a ticket. It always works for me.

I have a lot of friends on Houston PD, I've been in the Fire depertment forever, and that's what they say also.
So what do you do with a Camaro driver, Just shoot him? Make it look like an Illegal alian did it. :rolleyes:

Let me start off by letting everyone know that I’m a CHP officer out of the Bay Area. I have a soft spot for Mustangs so I normally give them a break.

Now as far as singling out a car I really don’t know any guys that do it, but there are some officers that like one type of violation and window tint may be it. One more thing I want to point out. The CHP does NOT get any revenue on tickets…None. All the money goes to the county not the state, if it did I think the state would be fairing better.

If any of you guys have questions about cop stuff feel free to ask me, were not all *******s really, it’s like any other job.. there are good guys and bad guys.

Too bad not all CHP guys give Mustangs a pass. Although the guy that pulled me over did let me go when I told him that I had just received a ticket for my window tint a couple of weeks prior.

As for the CHP not receiving the ticket revenue, you admitted that the money goes to the county. That's my point, whether the money is going to the city, county or state, it's going to some government agency, therefore they have incentive to write more tickets in times of monetary distress. I just read an article this morning about how tickets in some parts of San Diego have gone up by 75% over the last 2 years. Coincidence? I doubt it.

You are right, the fines have gone up, but were not being pushed to write more tickets. I was just trying to show how the state doesn't receive the money the county does, this is why all the SO's and Pd's seem to have new cars with all the gadgets and were in beat down Crown Vics most of the time. Sometimes you just have bad luck getting pulled over, hell I got pulled over twice last week by some new CHP officers so it happens to everyone. Take care

You are right, the fines have gone up, but were not being pushed to write more tickets.

I wasn't talking about the cost of the fines. The article I was talking about made reference to the number of tickets written, not counting the ones from red light cameras.

Maybe the fact that the number of tickets written has increased in recent years, and the increase of number of cops I see on the streets recently is a coincidence. I just find that rather hard to believe.

Just curious, so what happens when a CHP gets pulled over by another CHP? I would assume they let you off. But you broke the law, otherwise they wouldn't have pulled you over. It would suck to get a ticket as a LEO, but if you don't, that's pretty unfair. If you broke the law, you broke the law.

Maybe in your area the cops are just trying to write more tickets, not really sure. I can tell you that in my area the ticket counts are a bit lower this year then the last.

I got pulled over for going 74 in a 65 by a very new officer. The Mustang may have caught his eye I don't know. 74 in a 65 is a BS ticket, especially while I’m traveling downhill. I normally write speeding tickets starting at 83 on a 65mph freeway. Two days later i get stopped for my exhaust, the new officer thought I had illegal exhust... I have boomtubes but they are well under the max DB range out here.

And just so you know, I did get a speeding ticket from a San Joaquin SO officer for going 55 in a 35, he didn't care who I worked for :D

Maybe in your area the cops are just trying to write more tickets, not really sure. I can tell you that in my area the ticket counts are a bit lower this year then the last.

I got pulled over for going 74 in a 65 by a very new officer. The Mustang may have caught his eye I don't know. 74 in a 65 is a BS ticket, especially while I’m traveling downhill. I normally write speeding tickets starting at 83 on a 65mph freeway. Two days later i get stopped for my exhaust, the new officer thought I had illegal exhust... I have boomtubes but they are well under the max DB range out here.

And just so you know, I did get a speeding ticket from a San Joaquin SO officer for going 55 in a 35, he didn't care who I worked for :D

Sounds like you're having just as bad of luck as I am.