• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Correct wheel stud part#?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DK832
  • Start date Start date Feb 20, 2008

DK832

New Member
Apr 11, 2006
291
0
0
Copenhagen, DK
Feb 20, 2008
#1
  • Feb 20, 2008
  • #1
I'm swapping front brakes to 13" Cobras using MustangSteves brackets. Last night I had a really hard time getting the hubs of the 69 front drums I have found for the project, and I ended up cutting the drums & studs.
When looking at new wheel studs from ARP, Moser etc. I cant figure out what to order as replacement studs? Anyone have a hint for the right p/n please?

Thx,
Hans
 
6

67rcks

Member
Feb 20, 2008
373
0
17
Feb 20, 2008
#2
  • Feb 20, 2008
  • #2
Many autoparts stores carry studs of various brands (eg advanceautoparts, virginiaclassicmustangs). However why did you cut studs? you should have put them on a big press, although the drums would likely not survive.
 

DK832

New Member
Apr 11, 2006
291
0
0
Copenhagen, DK
Feb 21, 2008
#3
  • Feb 21, 2008
  • #3
The press just cracked the drums, even with proper support. I ended up with the hub and a piece of drum with the studs still stuck. Never had studs stick this hard! Grinding the studs free of the drum meant that I could press the remains out of the hub.
I need Summit P/N! I'm in Europe and 1/2"-20 studs are not exactly stock items here...


67rcks said:
Many autoparts stores carry studs of various brands (eg advanceautoparts, virginiaclassicmustangs). However why did you cut studs? you should have put them on a big press, although the drums would likely not survive.
Click to expand...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
239
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
SOLD SOLD!!!! 1993 Notchback Roadracer For Sale. She's a beast!
  • Boydster
  • Apr 25, 2025
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
0
Views
1K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Apr 25, 2025
Boydster
For Sale 94 Cobra 408w AOD Project For Sale
  • Labora
  • Oct 11, 2024
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
3
Views
1K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Aug 17, 2026
Labora
For Sale 3-owner 1987 Mustang GT, $18K obro, Lancaster CA
  • Bill Cool
  • Oct 6, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 13, 2024
nickyb
B
For Sale 1986 Capstang (Part Capri & part Mustang) $12,000 Galena, Ohio
  • BubbaG
  • Aug 7, 2022
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
1
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 7, 2022
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?