Country Ford in Levittown refuses to honor warranty

I took my 2005 Mustang convertible with only 4000 miles to Country Ford in Levittown, NY to fix the problem with the brake reservoir cap leaking and to install a rubber bumper which ws missing from the fuel door area. After keeping the car for half a day, they tell me that they will not service my vehicle because I have a CAI installed.

I told them that the Magnusson Moss act states that unless the modifcation caused the failure, they would need to honor the warranty and they told me I had to take it back to the dealer where I purchased it. I know that's b#LL.

I called the Ford customer service number and complained but I know that won't do much good.

Fortunately, Able Ford where I bought the car, is a really good dealership and I should not have any problems there. I went to Country because they are only 4 miles away from me as opposed to Able which is almost 30 miles and there is always traffic going and coming from there.

Hope you guys get better service from your local Ford dealers. Country Ford is a perfect example of why everyone hates to buy american cars.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also from Long Island. Another good ford dealer is Sayville Ford. I bought my '06 Roush from them. I think since they sell Roush cars they understand that people like to mod mustangs and they are absolutely fine with fixing stuff so long as the mod really didn't cause the problem.

odiaz said:
I took my 2005 Mustang convertible with only 4000 miles to Country Ford in Levittown, NY to fix the problem with the brake reservoir cap leaking and to install a rubber bumper which ws missing from the fuel door area. After keeping the car for half a day, they tell me that they will not service my vehicle because I have a CAI installed.

I told them that the Magnusson Moss act states that unless the modifcation caused the failure, they would need to honor the warranty and they told me I had to take it back to the dealer where I purchased it. I know that's b#LL.

I called the Ford customer service number and complained but I know that won't do much good.

Fortunately, Able Ford where I bought the car, is a really good dealership and I should not have any problems there. I went to Country because they are only 4 miles away from me as opposed to Able which is almost 30 miles and there is always traffic going and coming from there.

Hope you guys get better service from your local Ford dealers. Country Ford is a perfect example of why everyone hates to buy american cars.
Besides, your CAI had absolutely nothing to do, with your brake reservoir cap or rubber bumper, although I would have uninstalled the CAI, before taking the car to the dealership.. Just in case, they were looking for an excuse, to give you a hard time.. Just goes to show, how some dealerships can be complete idiots..And if that's how their going to be..Then here's what else, you can do..When country Ford, asks you to fill out their feedback survey form, to fill out and then, send back to Ford..give them, the most negative feedback score, as possible, then under the comments section, file you're complaints about how rotten, they treated you..And I'm sure, once Ford corporate gets their hands on it..That will change, Country Ford's attitude, real quick..In the meantime, you did the right thing, by going to another dealer..Anyway, I wish you, the very best of luck..:nice:

I'd repprt them and the situation in detail to the Better Business Bureau in your area and let them find themselves on a watchdog report.

Bad word of mouth is one of the more feared and potent measures of hitting disreputable businesses in their pocketbooks (where they'll definitely feel it) and the BBB is one of the best ways to easily pass the word.

Sorry to hear you had those problems. What you describe is not acceptable behavior from a Ford Dealership. As others have said (and if you have the stomach for it) please go ahead and let the Ford Corporate folks know about what you experienced.

To let you know that Country Ford's treatment of you was an anomaly, my local Ford Dealer out here in the middle of nowhere fixed exactly that same problem with a leaking brake fluid reservoir on my '05 GT and never said anything about my mods. In fact, I bought my CAI at the Ford parts counter. It has nothing to do with the brake reservoir, and should not have anything to do with their fixing the leak under warranty.

If you have found a Dealer that will work with you, by all means go back to him and avoid Country Ford like the plague.

Yeah definitely let Ford know of what happened. I think since they are still in trouble they are starting to pay more attention to different things. Less than a week after I bought my car Ford corporate called me and did a quick survey on my satisfaction with the dealer and what not. 3 days ago I just had my first service done and today I received another quick corporate survey right away. So I think if you do call up and make a big deal about it which you should, they may actually care. I know if I were in your situation I would have flipped out on those *******s and made sure I did it in front of everyone waiting in the service dept. Its completely un-acceptable and whats even more annoying is the fact that they know that it definitely IS under warranty and that the CAI had nothing to do with it. Luckily my ford dealer has been very helpful and compliant but I yeah man, having a dealer like you described would just piss the hell out of me.

Odiaz, I know Bethpage and Levittown really well. I grew up in Astoria and spent a lot of time at Brookhaven. If you have any more trouble, I still have a couple of friends back there named Vito and Gaetano that can clean it up for you, if you know what I mean :)