Coupe interior swap pictures

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i just got the coupe from smokedya as you all know. i was at the junkyard scoring some black notch parts the day before i got the car :D i have a total of $330 into the full interior. everything is real black.

i took the rear seats for the hell of it. they were NASTY. i spent about 3 hours on them and they look really good. my flash in the dark brings out any/all flaws. this black interior i got is nearly flawless. i got everything down to the carpet in the back windows. :nice:

cranked this project out in 12 hours. just need to wire in my kappa speakers/install deck and interior is done until some 04 termi seats come along with black inserts.

beginning;

View attachment 242658
View attachment 242659
View attachment 242660
then satan came... i found that someone installed the wrong year dash in the car;
View attachment 242661
View attachment 242662
View attachment 242663
View attachment 242664

:nice: next up is some boost

• Sponsors (?)

NICE im looking to do my interior swap to but i cant find any one local with grey or black inerior :( so im just taking everything out and cleaning it cuz its really dirty. looking good :nice:

looks good john! what do you mean or what makes you think someone put the wrong dash in it? If they did like i said i bet it's from the cops making it look like swiss cheese so thats why it has a diffrent or the wrong year dash.peace

john:p

it's an ssp car.

i dont think they do awhole lot with the dash. all the ssp wiring is still intact. the ashtray cover is still intact with the switches, i dont see why they would do a dash and not remove the rest.

it was an 89 dash. 25th anniversary badge on it, fuse cover (pre-90 dash?) which was empty behind it. the fuse panel is relocated properly, the dash also had the wrong tabs for mounting the hvac controls.

i relocated the trunk release to the proper location, now all is correct.

thanks for the compliments. it was alot of work and still not 100% done.

i put the trunk release there cause thats where they were at on the SSP's not the glove box. i almost put the spotlight on i have that was in the plans for it this winter also. peace

john:p

it's an ssp car.

i dont think they do awhole lot with the dash. all the ssp wiring is still intact. the ashtray cover is still intact with the switches, i dont see why they would do a dash and not remove the rest.

it was an 89 dash. 25th anniversary badge on it, fuse cover (pre-90 dash?) which was empty behind it. the fuse panel is relocated properly, the dash also had the wrong tabs for mounting the hvac controls.

i relocated the trunk release to the proper location, now all is correct.

thanks for the compliments. it was alot of work and still not 100% done.

wow I'm an idiot:p