Couple of new mods done to the 99 for this year

TXSnakeCharmer

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2001
DFW Texas
The car is nearly set for this year with the exception of a new CAI by Volant and a SCT Extreme Flasher with custom tune which both are scheduled for June. I did a butt load of tweaks and changes over the winter (perf and cosmetic) so no individual dyno's done this round, will be one final dyno tune with everything this time. Car is running great and hard before the tune.

:banana: Here's a couple shots, everyone likes pics! :banana:

Meziere
meziere013.jpg

Intake Spacer
spacer005.jpg

engine011.jpg

engine003.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

As for the Meziere, most people have had good luck with them, some havent. Those that had failure was usually a result of debris in the cooling system jamming the impeller on the electric pump or a fuse blowing. I keep my coolant clean but I am also installing a coolant filter to further protect the pump (just in case). I also installed the optional wiring harness with relay which increases thenumber of fuses, adds a relay and minimizes the chance of any fuse blowing. I can always keep a spare fuse in the glove box also. I have seen some dyno results showing little or no gain from adding the Meziere but HP is not the only advantage. I have been monitoring the temps with the computer before and after the Meziere install and the electric pump does outflow and outcool the stock water pump, most notable at lower speeds or sitting but very constant throughout. You can see the entire install here. http://www.shane.roberts.net/meziere.htm

As for the intake spacer, yes it makes perfectly good sense in theory. I am hoping that in combination with my extrude hone manifold it will help allot more, which it should based on the results of others. Whether or not it will give a SOTP improvement for everyone, who knows, every car is different. I would say the more stable mods you have into your powertrain the more you will benefit. If it's your only mod I wouldnt expect much.

I wouldnt have done either mod if I didnt think they were worth something. We'll have to wait and see what the final numbers bring when I tune it in June. You have to remember that with these NA engines every little bit helps and it oftem takes a good combo rather than just a single mod.

I see you went back to your factory airbox?

I am curious to what your plans are now with the setup?

I've got 2 systems at the house that I play with off and on.. The AFM that puts the filter in the fender and a homemade 4" pipe that leaves an open ended filter in the engine bay.

Anyhow.. Get that bad boy going!

Yes I went back to the stock airbox with K&N and 2001 air duct temporarily untill Volant finishes the CAI for the 99-01 Cobra which should be done mid June. I had my 87mm recalibrated for a straight shot setup to be used with the Volant. It used to be calibrated for a bend into the fender which I dont use anymore. I have another home made version CAI on the back burner just in case but the Volant should do what I need. My goal is to remove as many bends from the path as possible and put the MAF right off the filter while getting the coldest air possible. The JLT is a good design but wont fit my needs with the 4" diameter and the Volant has shown it can withstand heat absorbtion while still being in the engine bay using a box drawing from the fender (plus it looks good also).

BlackSnake2001 said:
I see you went back to your factory airbox?

I am curious to what your plans are now with the setup?

I've got 2 systems at the house that I play with off and on.. The AFM that puts the filter in the fender and a homemade 4" pipe that leaves an open ended filter in the engine bay.

Anyhow.. Get that bad boy going!