Couple problems, overheating and distributor!

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
95 5.0 mustang GT, fairly stock.

The distributors howling like crazy. Car runs great just it squeals like hell. Not sure if these are rebuildable? Suggestions please.

Overheating issue. I just replaced the thermostat tonight with a 180, thinking the stat was bad. Ended up not being it. The car will overheat at idle. If you turn max ac on, the high side fan comes on, but it will sit there and idle w/o the ac on and just run the temp's right up, the whole time the fan never kicking on. I thought it was the ECT at first, however I was told the fail safe for the ect was if it failed that the low side stayed on constantly. My low side however does not come on. Not to sure, I'm not crazy about replacing the CCRM but I guess it almost comes down to it. I tapped on everything, wiggled connections, all to no avail, so i'm just seeing what other people say before i spring the 130 for a new CCRM.

• Sponsors (?)

If the ECT circuit is open, the EDF comes on (default is for the EDF to be functional - the EEC actively shuts it off).

If your ECT is out of calibration (i.e., telling your EEC that the car is at 180 when it's really at 215*F), that can lead to your issue.

You might find some help in this tech note. Go to the bold heading If a car runs hot at slow speeds or while stationary, but cools well at speed (40 mph +)
The link (in the narrative) to CCRM testing could also be useful.

Good luck.