Coyote swap 96 SN95 GT help

AZSN95

Jun 2, 2021
Michigan
Hello everyone, I have a 1996 SN95 GT. I purchased this car in high school and worked on it and fixed it up with my Father. The car has 155,000 miles so it’s time to look towards a motor swap. I really considered getting rid of this car but there’s two many sentimental ties with the vehicle. Not to mention it's insanely clean. Almost no options on the interior so it's a real drivers car. I almost feel like a custodian of this car since most earlier SN95 are finding their way to the junkyard. That being said I likely want a gen 2 coyote Paired to a T56. A new rear end and coil overs.

I was wondering what I'm getting into cost, time, ECT. My father and I will do all the work we can. Background in machine repair, but not professional mechanics. Would like to dance around 600HP NA.

First thing you should know is what the emission details are in your state for registering the vehicle. This can/could put a big damper on your swap. I'm doing one in CA which has very strict regulations and it can be done, but it will take time and $$$.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks but Michigan is still loose with it. Motor capital and all.

Straight pipe to flows or borla for me. Something to consider though I heard they might take the California regulations national.
Well if they do, you're going to be in a tough spot when/if time comes to register if the state requires a test. I know it's a pita what's going on and it's getting much harder now with electronic controlled vehicles to do a safe and sane swap. I'm figuring about 4-5 months for me to complete and then it's going to be nerve racking going to BAR to have it checked. But once done, it's 150+ HP and a 600# lighter car. On pump gas!