98 gt transmission swap help

Ian_stanggt

Mar 19, 2023
am swapping my 98 gt 4r70w automatic transmission. I did my research and learned that only another 98 gt 4r70w automatic transmission would be an easy plug-and-play fit. I took my transmission out and bought a transmission from a guy who owned a shop 4 hours away. The guy told me it's a 100% plug-and-play as it is another 98 gt 4r70w. However, I think it's a Mercury Grand Marquis 4r70w transmission. The wiring harness for the transmission is completely different and when I looked up the numbers located on the wiring harness of the transmission I bought (4w7t-7c078-aa) it came up with a 03-04 Mercury Grand Marquis Town Car Transmission wiring harness. My 98 gt transmission wiring harness is much longer than the supposedly 98 gt transmission wiring harness. Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Gas Art My 98 gt's harness is on the right and the one i bought is on the left.

Brown Handwriting Font Wood Bag This is a picture of the transmission tag I own. Wood Gas Font Auto part Metal This is a picture of the transmission tag I had bought.

Textile Material property Tints and shades Magenta Nail This is on the wiring harness of the transmission I had bought and if you look it up it comes up with Mercury Grand Marquis 4r70w transmission.

My question is can this swap still work? Thank you for any help.

• Sponsors (?)