Coyote swap questions

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out the FB pages.

The problem with the Control Packs is that they are not emissions compliant and I think only use two of the O2 sensors. If I change anything from the factory configuration then I have to do a full certification at a lab and risk failing. (€€€€€!) One option might be to swap into a body that was originally diesel, which would then be the baseline for testing. Depending on what they're looking for it might be easier to pass with a (gas) Coyote.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you'll have better luck on Facebook. Amazingly, i don't think anyone here has done a coyote swap....yet.

"Coyote swapped Foxbodys", "Coyote swapped" and "Coyote swapped Sn95" are three good groups to check out with hundreds if not thousands of guys who have done the swap.

What sort of emissions testing does Germany do? Is it just an OBD2 check or an actual tailpipe sniffer?

I think the closest you will come is using a Ford Racing control pack such as this.

It's essentially using an OE type ECU and wiring, and I would assume the engineers at Ford putting this kit out would account for EMI even though they don't certify it (because they haven't done the test). You can certainly use Donor car wiring. You can kind of search around and see what folks ship with a "turn-key" pallet from a wrecked car. I don't think they provide every wiring harness, but they do provide a significant amount.

I need to dig into this myself in a bit as I think I want to Coyote swap something that will require an OBD2 plug in test so I need to see which option will allow me to go this route.
I did one in 13 . Deleted the thread for personal reasons but it was a gen 1 t56 with a vmp calypso coupe that we oringally had a 468 BBC and th400 we put in it . At the time it was like 3rd or 4th car ever on the internet I knew of being done.

I just finished up a gen 2 , 6r80 car that was an ex race car wiring nightmare - came to me swapped and running but you had to hold wires together and nothing worked inside the car . Left with factory gauges working and everything in car working less the speedo because he wouldn’t buy the adapter box , fuel gauge because it has a cell , and Volvo electric pump with hydro boost and PS .
1CCA5AAE-2910-48AA-875E-2819AB1FA497.jpeg
ED4C584B-917E-4AE1-AE95-0BF1CCA9A4DC.jpeg
4FFF521E-1DC3-496A-9ED4-2848A9DD8121.jpeg
D146E60F-2906-4B11-934C-F9AA0C5BA716.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the tips. I'll check out the FB pages.

The problem with the Control Packs is that they are not emissions compliant and I think only use two of the O2 sensors. If I change anything from the factory configuration then I have to do a full certification at a lab and risk failing. (€€€€€!) One option might be to swap into a body that was originally diesel, which would then be the baseline for testing. Depending on what they're looking for it might be easier to pass with a (gas) Coyote.
Your options are limited like you said . This is where gm shines with the connect and cruise comes emissions complaint with the cats and all .

Your different chassis idea may work out for you . Otherwise you need a full donor car to make it work like oem

I think you'll have better luck on Facebook. Amazingly, i don't think anyone here has done a coyote swap....yet.

"Coyote swapped Foxbodys", "Coyote swapped" and "Coyote swapped Sn95" are three good groups to check out with hundreds if not thousands of guys who have done the swap.

What sort of emissions testing does Germany do? Is it just an OBD2 check or an actual tailpipe sniffer?

I think the closest you will come is using a Ford Racing control pack such as this.

It's essentially using an OE type ECU and wiring, and I would assume the engineers at Ford putting this kit out would account for EMI even though they don't certify it (because they haven't done the test). You can certainly use Donor car wiring. You can kind of search around and see what folks ship with a "turn-key" pallet from a wrecked car. I don't think they provide every wiring harness, but they do provide a significant amount.

I need to dig into this myself in a bit as I think I want to Coyote swap something that will require an OBD2 plug in test so I need to see which option will allow me to go this route.
Maybe so, but now there's two posts (including mine) which have done a swap. Just finished mine in my '02 GT with a Gen1 that I took out of a salvage title 2013 GT. Factory tune, my stock gauges and dash, my 3650 and all is good. No issues. Used PBH drive setup and have my factory AC to boot!

Reactions: 1 user