Coyote Swap

maqgarcia

Aug 9, 2020
NY/NJ
I own a 2004 V6 mustang and am looking to do a coyote swap. I’m a student but working and willing to pay for the parts and labor. My plan is to buy a salvaged/wrecked 2011 gt, swap as much as i can from there and buy whatever else I need. I’ve priced everything out around 13k as i’ve already spoken with somebody who will do the swap and assuming that the extra parts will be around 3k. I have also looked into stroker kits and FI but it comes out to the same price. If i’m going to spend the money, i’m going big.
For anybody who has already completed this swap or is in the process, what else would I need, additionally, that I can’t use from the 2011 gt? I know it’s asking a lot but my knowledge is limited and I appreciate any help/advice.

(yes, before I hear the “just save for a V8”.. I know this is expensive for someone with limited funds but i’m 20 and love my car so i’m doing it.)

• Sponsors (?)

PATs will be an issue for the swap. On my 2014, the PATs is handled by the instrument cluster. the PATs transceiver connects to the instrument cluster, the instrument cluster communicates with the ECU to permit starting the engine. Not sure about the 2011 but probably similar. There may be other issues with the swap, other units on the canbus that the ECU expects to communicate with. The ford racing control pack ECU, would probably be needed.

We all have dreams! I want a pair of rockets that I can attach to the back of my car!!!!

Finish your education first. Then worry about stupid :poo: like this

Me too bro, me too. I own a 95 3.6L v6 Manual and want to swap it for a gen 2 coyote (2015). People tell me I’m crazy but we got dreams. All I can think of is, new k member, control pack, return style fuel system. Might need some new headers and definitely new exhaust for duel pipes, fuel lines too because I think the sizes are different for v6 and v8. One or two people have done it on YouTube with entire playlists dedicated to this swap so check it out and good luck.