Cracked dash?

• Sponsors (?)

On the II I think the available dash-caps (hard vinyl / plastic) actually look pretty good. It's a simple shaped dashpad so that probably helps. Certainly better than the carpet-style. Picture doesn't show it extremely well, but it's better than the repair I likely would have done and has the right vinyl texture.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 430
Yeah, the fabric fiber is about the only thing I'm not horribly crazy about. But if one were to fix the "structural" damage I wonder if it would be advantageous to repair like that then maybe take it to an upholsterer and have them wrap it in vinyl or leather. Or if someone could figure out a way to replicate the original texture, use the interior paints offered at parts stores like O'Reilly's. I've not seen the caps for our cars, but since my dash pad is now cracked pretty bad this is another option that I never thought of. I was basically under the impression that there were really only 2 options: buy the cap or buy a good used replacement.

I have the mustang ii dash cap and it looks good. I've seen a dash with a similar repair as video and it cracked again in freezing weather.
I think repair as in video and having a upholstery guy wrap it would be a decent approach also.

Yo Bro! Hope this helps ya some.
Just sitting Loose the first year and falling off when you speed, hahaha.
Couple dots of clear 100% silicone (literally like 4)now hold it nice and can be removed from dash if needed but unbolts with dash so, no need.

Ty72JUx1TwyZs4Qqi0LnyA.jpg
CvaftOKxTsS912dAE9ExpQ.jpg

DSCF0013.JPG

TwyzI1QLTP6tzxjhfM7hbQ.jpg
DSCF0425.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
The big question, at least as far as I can tell, is did you need to do any kind of prep work to the original. I mean if you had a raised crack or if it was separating at a seam or whatever, did you or is it recommended to basically sand the original to a somewhat flat surface to install the cover? I don't really have any good pics of where I'm talking about for mine, and I'm just being lazy and don't want to go pull the cover to take one, but here are a few pics from last summer that kinda show what I mean.

FB_IMG_1612820574901.jpg
FB_IMG_1612820586095.jpg
FB_IMG_1612820608701.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Mine had cracks too. I just pushed the big ridges down with my thumb and the cover has some extra room under it just for that.
If you look close you can see mine is looking more fatter than yours above the gauges.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe I'll pull the trigger on one of those at some point. I've always questioned what they actually looked like since I don't recall seeing one in anyone's car. It looks hardly noticeable in your pics. :nice:

I had a couple friends share how cold it was this morning on ol bookface; -27, -30+ wind-chill. That's a 90 degree difference compared to the high here today - turned out being a high of 60 here. While I sometimes miss the snow, I don't miss temperatures like those..... :shrug:

• Wow
Well I was fishing today because it was warm. -4. Then my heater for the portable shelter took a :poo: . I only got two small ones. Should be enough for dinner.

LOOK OUT! MR FISH, HE"S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

That is a good looking Walleye.
For such an outdoorsy guy shouldn't you have a big ole fat beard?
That fish makes you my hero for the day!
Keep up the good work Man of the Mountian! or laker, river or whatevers

LOOK OUT! MR FISH, HE"S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

That is a good looking Walleye.
For such an outdoorsy guy shouldn't you have a big ole fat beard?
That fish makes you my hero for the day!
Keep up the good work Man of the Mountian! or laker, river or whatevers
That was a fun walleye to catch also. Shaved the beard off. Glad I'm a hero to someone, even for a day! The Old Man Outdoors.