Cracked Intake Manifold

gstsaver

May 6, 2018
Australia
Hi Guys,

Hoping for some help. Getting ready to get my vehicle approved, roadworthy (safety check) and registered and have a tight time lime to do this.

Worst luck ever, removing the old temperature sensor which was in tight...as it loosening I here some bubbling and when I remove it I see a hairline crack from the temperature sensor port along the manifold. I put the new one in and sure enough the crack is all the way through and antifreeze bubble out of it.

I don't have time for an intake to be shipped right now. Is there anyway to use some epoxy weld or something to stop it leaking for a couple weeks ?

87 Mustang GT

• Sponsors (?)

JB weld is probably what i'd try, although I'd be more tempted to pull it off and have it welded up properly. Of course, if this is a stock or common intake like a GT40 lower, i'd just buy a new one and install.

Do to your location and figuring a limited supply here is what I would try, scrape a small trough along the crack, this is so you can squeeze as much jbweld in there a possible, sand the top along the crack to give the jbweld a good surface to adhere to, clean the area with alcohol or thinner and jamb that stuff in there as best you can and let set 24 hrs. Then hope for the best.

Happy that it is still holding but I do need to get a new lower intake or have it welded. Cost to ship to Australia (about $75) it may be best to just find someone to weld it proper instead...a used one seems to be about $100-$200 depending on condition.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Yup - Australia ...I just posted a Wanted To Buy on our local Mustang Club forums just in the very off chance but I haven't seen any fox body used parts of any description before there

Actually just found on in another state online ! Just seeing if he will ship it as his ad says local pick up only. If so this would be great,

Last edited: